Chapter 72

Two days later

I slipped my shoes on and then heard a knock on my door. I have get my stuff together since I'm going to one of Jason's meetings with him soon.

"Come in!" I yelled starting to tie my shoes. I looked up at the door as it opened. I saw my mom walk in smiling. I smiled back as she shut the door then sat on my bed. I stood up and sat on the other end of my bed. "What's up?" I asked.

"Well I was talking to your dad about Jason" she started. I sighed and shook my head. "Wait don't get upset. It's good" she told me. I looked up at her confused.

"What happened?" I asked confused.

"So I said how I like Jason and that he's a good kid and he said maybe he can meet him again and see" she told me. I smiled slightly. Let's hope that works. I nodded. Then my phone buzzed. I grabbed it and saw Jason texted me.

Jason: I'm here angel

Me: okay I'll be right out

I locked my phone as I stood up. She stood up to probably realizing I'm leaving.

"Jason's here" I told her and shut off my light. She nodded and we both walked out.

"Text me or call me later so I know what you're doing" she told me. I nodded smiling then hugged her quickly. She walked into her room and I ran down the steps. I walked out the door and saw him sitting in his car with his head on the wheel. What? I quickly walked over to the car and opened my door. He picked his head up to look at me fast. He looks so tired.

"Oh hey babe" he said sitting up. I got in and looked at him worried.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I put my hand on his shoulder. He nodded and put the car in drive. I moved my hand to my lap but kept looking at him. He looked over at me and gave me a toothless smile then looked back at the road. "Jase"

"I'm fine. I'm just tired. I'm glad to see you" he said as he grabbed my hand. I smiled.

"Did you get enough sleep?" I asked.

"Nope. Almost punched Derek like ten times. I can't wait for him to leave the house" he told me. Derek is bothering him? Jason never lets people get to him. I was about to say something, but Jason started talking. "Who else knew about the Derek thing?" He asked me. I groaned.

"I don't want to talk about this" I said.

"Just tell me. Then it's done. We won't talk about it" he said. I sighed.

"Just my mom" I told him. He stayed quiet like he was thinking or something.

"Are you going to tell her that he's back?" He asked.

"Jason" I stopped him. I let go of his hand and crossed my arms. I looked over and he rolled his eyes. I sighed. "I don't know" I told him. He still didn't say anything. I'm glad he's willing to stop talking about it, but why does he want to know this? I want it to be over. "Why does it matter?" I asked him. He sighed.

"Because now you know where to find him. His name. You can get his last name-" I cut him off.

"And that we would press charges. Yeah I know, but there's no proof anymore and it's a year later. It won't help anything" I said as I looked down at my fingers on my lap.

"What do you mean, 'no proof anymore'?" He asked confused. I bit my lip staying quiet. "Mackenzie tell me" he demanded.

"I had hand prints on my arms and on my neck" I said quietly as I kept looking down.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He asked getting angry. I swallowed hard and stayed quiet. I'm scared that he would do something. Not to me though. I don't want him to kill anyone. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked pissed off.

"Because this is something that I want to be done. I thought this was over once I gave up 8 months ago. And I'm not going to tell you everything about it with the guy staying in the house for a week" I told him. I heard him sighed. We pulled into the parking spot and got out in quiet. As we got next to each other to walk to the building, he stopped me.

"I'm sorry I'm just really stressed out and this isn't helping" he said. I nodded.

"It's fine. I get it. You're stressed" I said as I rubbed his back. I leaned a little closer to say something even though no one is a around. "And maybe we can fix that later" I said then pulled my body away and started walking to the building. I felt his arms go around my waist pulling me up a little. I squealed and I heard him laugh. I got his hands off of me and turned to face him. I looked up at him and smiled as I realized how close we are. He put one hand on my cheek. He went to talk, but we heard a car door slam that made me jump a little. I took a step back and looked over and say Derek and Lawrence (one of the gang members if you don't remember) staring us down. No emotion on their faces. Jason put his hand on my back as he faced the building.

"Let's go" he said quietly then we started walking to the building. That was weird. I have bad feelings about them. As we walked into the building, I grabbed Jason's hand. "You okay?" He asked me.

"Yup" I said back. We walked in silence to the room. As we walked in, I saw two people I didn't recognize. But everyone else I remember. I let go of Jason's hand as Jason went to do a hand shake with some guy I didn't know.

"It's been a long time" he said to Jason then looked at me smiling. "Hi I'm Maejor"

"hi I'm Mackenzie" I said smiling back.

"Bro you have to come visit more." Jason said to Maejor.

"Yeah I know. You have to catch me up on everything" he said then I heard a voice call my name. I turn around to see Ariana. Shes waving me over to the table. I looked back at Jason. He's smiling down at me already.

"Go. I have to start the meeting anyway" he said and I nodded. I turned and walked to the table.

"Hey girl. This is Lexi" Ari told me as she pointed to the other girl at the table. I smiled. She look scared.

"I'm Mackenzie" I said to her. She smiled back, but I could tell that she didn't seem happy. I looked back at Ariana as we sat down. I looked at Ariana confused on why this girl Lexi is so upset. She sighed.

"Lexi is Jacobs girl" Ari said.

"N-no I'm not" I heard Lexi say. I looked over at her confused. She shook her head. "C-can you please help me escape? I-I want to go home" she said. I looked at her even more confused. I looked over at Ariana.

"Jacob kidnapped her" She told me and I gasped.

"What? How-" Lexi cut me off.

"You weren't kidnapped?" She asked me. I shook my head quickly.

"I'm so sorry" I told her and she looked down at her fingers on her lap. I sighed and shook my head. Why would he kidnap her? And why would she think I was kidnapped? I looked over at Ariana, who is also looking down. She looks different. Like she's too deep into thought about some that I don't know. Was she kidnapped by Ronnie. That can't be. They are in love. I looked across the room to see Jason talking to a bunch of guys. What if he ever kidnapped me? Before I fell in love with him or before I got to know him....

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Drama coming soon...
I hope you all liked this!!!