Chapter 6 | Take That, You Jerk.

Mira

Mira

"Pssst," A finger poked me in the side.

I jumped.

I turned around to find Dylan smirking at me. Running a hand through his hair, he leaned back in his chair. I looked around and realized that I had dozed off while studying in the cafeteria and Renee and Dylan were looking at me as if I had sprouted an extra head or something.

Great.

"What guys?" I sat up and looked at them in annoyance. "I just dozed off. Stop looking at me like I committed a murder or something,"

"But you dozed off, Mira. You slept. In school." Renee pointed out.

"Yeah, so what? Yes, I slept because I was tired. Big hoohaa." I shrugged. "And please tell me I didn't miss a class," I sighed.

Dylan looked at me, his eyebrow raised questioningly.

"What now?" I crossed my arms.

"Nothing," he shook his head.

I raised an eyebrow and leaned back in my chair as I looked at all of them. They all seemed to be looking everywhere but towards me. Only Dylan was scrutinizing me closely.

I shook my head and started gathering my books. I glanced at my watch, there were still 5 minutes before the next class which I, unfortunately, had with Dylan, started.

"Hang on." I was surprised as Dylan spoke up suddenly. I looked up at him at superhuman speed and I'm sure my neck would have cracked had it not been my luck.

"What is it?" I asked bored and in a hurry to go to my class.

Renee too looked at him expectantly and I was confused.

"She's got dark circles under her eyes, Renee," Dylan said slowly.

"Don't you sleep or what? " Renee asked frowning.

"I was studying last night. Just going through the topics for tomorrow's quiz," I smiled faintly but it didn't seem to calm Renee down.

"You already know everything." Renee rolled her eyes.

"No, don't," I said grinning sheepishly.

"Oh yeah?" Renee raised one eyebrow and I nodded.

"I was a bit behind on my Biology research, so I did that and...oh yes, I also had to brush up on my quantum physics a bit." I smiled tiredly but triumphantly knowing that she couldn't fight against this argument.

"There's no fun in studying so hard that it takes a toll on your health, M."

I smiled. Renee cared too much sometimes.

"Yes, mom." I mock saluted her and picking up my bag, waving at Renee I made my way to the class, with Dylan at my heels. I could see he was annoyed, but I couldn't understand why, so I ignored his clenched fists as he made up his mind to say something to me and made a straight beeline to the classroom.