Chapter 43|Gisele

Gisele

I had expected that by the time I would return from London, Dylan would already have been snagged by some new chick on the block-a new flavour for a new month.

Only it was not.

Walking up to the hall in my sparkly Jimmy Choos, I had felt every bit the bad girl-the uncrowned queen of malicious beauty. I wasn't ashamed to think this way. Superiority always found a way to shine through.

I was used to taking what I wanted; and taking what was mine-no matter how trivial or unimportant-was an art I had perfected over the years.

Now, it was Dylan that I wanted.

I had had enough of all that fake plastic trash clawing at Dylan-he made sure I kept my nose out of his business-but now I was ready to reclaim what belonged to me.

Smirking, I threw back the satiny fabric of my champagne gown with a flourish to reveal a perfectly toned, long, tanned to perfection leg as I continued to march forward, my gait unfaltering.

It was time to summon my inner b*tch.

Striding out casually from behind the curtain, he was looking like a total eye candy. In his defence though, Dylan had always been too handsome for his own good. The fact that he just happened to be one of the richest heirs in the country was extra icing on the top. 

All in all, the sort of dessert, I despite being calorie conscious, certainly did not want to be deprived of.

What I had not expected though, was to find an unknown, unseen woman on his arm sometime later. There was no way that I would not have known her, had she gone to our school.

It had been Alice. It had always been Alice.

In high school everyone had known that if I were to leave for London, it would be Alice who would take up the title of the next queen bee.

Why?

Because Alice was just as much of a passive aggressive girl as I was. She was one of my cronies. We always stuck together and as a result she too developed a liking for all the finer things in life, her tastes consequently extending towards what I found fascinating.

And I'd be damned if I say that Dylan wasn't the cause of every girl's fascinations back in our sophomore year of high school. Yes, he was certainly a very fascinating human. Having known him for more than half of my life, I never thought that a day would come when I'd look at him and see a man instead of a childhood friend.

But that day came.

He, with his undeniable charms and that haughty head stuck up in the clouds, was making hearts flutter all around and unfortunately, my heart was no exception.

I had also never expected to be separated from what was mine that suddenly but when my parents had that nasty divorce, not that I hadn't already seen it coming-with my mom's notorious drinking habits and my dad's workaholism to blame, I was pretty sure it was going to happen sooner or later-I was forced to move to London with my mom.

As a popular teenager used to living a very happening life here in the ever-awake state of California, I obviously did not take well to London. No matter how great the development of London, there was a major gap in the English sensibilities from what I was used to seeing in Fremont. But then, being the underage, unchaperoned and desperately in need of a guardian kid I was, I could do little to persuade my mother to move back to the US. Apparently, a few bouts of fever, angrily slammed doors, fits of anger, late night hook-ups and not quite so few guys turning up drunk at our door, weren't enough to dissuade my mother from continuing to live in the grey, melancholy city. But now that I was an adult, I had sworn to never set foot in that dark, dismal and drizzly city again.

I was here for good.

For what was mine.

————

I wanted to claw her eyes out for being so innocently radiant and for having Dylan's arm wrapped around her. With the mad anger of crazy jealousy surging through my veins, I was not in the least interested in what my dad was saying to them. Instead, I just wanted to stalk up to the tramp and tear her away from Dylan.

I had a hard time seeing my things no longer remaining mine.

————

"How have you been, Lorenzo?" I rested my back against the bar.

Dylan turned. A Sapphire Martini-his favourite-swirling in his hand, untouched. "Oh. Gisele!" He exclaimed slightly surprised. No wonder, he didn't expect me to approach him in the middle of a business talk. He turned towards the men, a charming smile on his lips. "Excuse me, Gentlemen. Dad."

"It's really you, huh?" He said. "How long has it been? Damn, it was a long time ago."

"You've gotten more handsome, I see." I was trying hard to not let my emotions get the best of me.

He grinned. He didn't smirk. He grinned.

"Of course, who am I?" He laughed.

"You're certainly not the one I used to know." I murmured, bitterness lacing my voice.

Perhaps, he noticed.

"Well, people change all the time, Gisele. I believe I'm no exception to that rule."

"I don't like you being like this, Lorenzo." I tried again, reaching for his hands as I stepped closer. "Let's just go back to how things were before."

His eyes turned steely. For the first time, I was afraid of him-of the guy I used to know.

The next words were a slap to my face.

"Back off, Gisele. I'm taken."

I'd never expected that something of mine would be snatched away from right under my nose.

*****

Dylan

I was not at all ashamed of the fact that last night I had snuck into Mira's bed before she even came inside her room.

What I was ashamed of though, was the fact that I had dozed off before she came inside her room.

Now, looking at her asleep, I realised how uncomfortable would it be for her to sleep in those clothes.

And, I was not being a pervert.

She really had fallen asleep in her dress from last night. Gianna would have been horrified.

I got up and trudged to the other side of the bed. It was clear that she had literally thrown herself if not collapsed onto the bed. Sighing, I straightened her dress around her legs and laid them comfortably upon the bed. Loosening the clasps and zippers around her waist, I put the quilt over her, making sure not to leave her neck uncovered. She hated it when the quilt did not reach upto her chin, at least.

I resisted the urge to press my lips once again against her unsuspecting ones and had jumped back beneath the covers before my desire could overcome my rational mind.

——————————————————

I know, I know. Short chapter. But there's a lot waiting to happen in the next few chapters so keep in touch, keep reading and I'll update soon.

If you liked the chapter, especially Gisele's POV, which I think would allow you some insight into her character, then please do hit the little orange star below. Make me happy and I'll most likely end up keeping you guys happy lol.

Thank you so so so much for the 10K reads. I had literally never expected that. But you guys, you guys are awesome. Let's keep up the good work.

Don't forget to leave a comment or a feedback.