Chapter 39 | I Love You.

Mira

"Sweetheart, why are you cooking?" Rebecca approached me and placed a warm hand on my shoulder, her face as radiant as ever. "You don't need to do that. The staff we have is more than enough to handle the house chores. You should have slept in, rested a little more."

I placed my gloved hand on top of hers as a reassuring gesture as turned around to put a tray of cookies into the oven. "It's okay, Rebecca." I smiled as I removed my gloves and dusted my hands lightly against my apron. "I woke up early and could not go back to sleep. Besides Mr. Watson here is an excellent Chef to assist. I never knew cooking could be fun too."

"Well, our Chef is indeed one of the best." Rebecca acknowledged. "Wait until you've had his Baked Gnocchi with Ricotta and Marinara. It is matchless. Of course, the lasagnas and bread that he makes are splendid too."

"I would love to learn all that someday-"

"Yeah, I bet that day will come soon." Came Dylan's voice from behind and I turned around to see him standing in the doorway of the kitchen, still dressed in his nightclothes. "Considering you haven't even gotten time to learn the guitar from me yet."

I moved over to the refrigerator to place the salads inside and before I could answer him, a spoonful of some orange sauce was handed over to me.

"Taste it and tell whether you like it or not. Chef's request." Maria chirped before resuming chopping vegetables again. I hesitantly took a taste, sucking lightly on my finger. The sauce looked nothing like the sauces I had ever seen before but it tasted amazing.

"It is great. I don't know what it is but its amazing, perfectly sweet and spicy. I would definitely eat-."

"Mira," Dylan suddenly scampered forward and taking a hold of my wrist, dragged me outside. "Out with me. Now."

I stared at his back confounded. "Where's the fire, Dylan?" I asked as he continued pulling me along. "You know, if someone sees us now they're going to think we're crazy. I'm literally holding a ladle in my hand, Dylan."

"Yeah, okay." Dylan didn't even turn around to look at me and kept his grip on my wrist firm, absolutely refusing to let go.

"Okay? What do you mean, okay?" I twisted my hand. "You're acting really weird, Dylan," I told him as he led me upstairs and pushed open the door to his room with one hand.

I watched confused, words stuck in my throat as he turned me around gracefully, gently flinging me against the wall adjoining the door. Slamming the door shut, he towered over me, his hands encasing my body, firmly planted on the wall behind me, on either side of my waist.

His breath mingled with mine and his eyes bored deeply into mine. I sucked in a breath and with great effort brought my hands up to his chest only to realise that I was unable to push him away. I didn't want to.

"What are you doing?" My voice fumbled.

"Is it crazy that I really want to kiss you right now?" He whispered, his voice deep, his eyes unwavering.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw his gaze drop to my lips. I consciously, pursed my lips, willing myself not to blush.

Ah, this boy. He really didn't have any filter.

"Yes," I replied as firmly as I could and prepared myself to push him away but in an instant, his hands were on mine as he slowly pulled them away from his chest. I watched helplessly, entranced by his gaze, as he pinned my hands behind my back, holding them together with one hand.