♦️EPILOGUE♦️

The sound of bright laughter erupted from the dinner table

The sound of bright laughter erupted from the dinner table. Sitting next to Dylan, Mira was laughing her head off at a lame joke cracked by Rafael as the others quickly followed suit.

"You both better get married quickly too," Mira's mother pointed a finger at the happy couple-to-be, eyes full of playful glee. "I no longer want to take responsibility for your actions at the office."

Dylan threw Mira a conspiratorial smile, followed by a quick discreet wink. Mira reddened. Six years had passed and yet, nothing had changed.

Not really.

To the world, Dylan was now the CEO of Scott Industries-the suave and handsome Dylan Lorenzo Scott, a golden bachelor who was soon going to be hitched, much to the envy of all the young women; but at home-to Mira-he was still the same old Dylan who wouldn't think twice before throwing an overused pickup line her way and wait eagerly for her reactions, ones he always found extremely hilarious.

Six years had passed and he still had not learnt to keep his affections to himself, so much so that Mira had come to terms with the fact that he had no intention to do so either. Whenever his schedule wasn't swamped with meetings, business conferences and tours, Dylan was always found hanging out with Mira and that was causing eyebrows to rise at the main headquarters of the CEO's office, for the knowledge of Dylan's ever-growing affection for Mira was no longer a secret. But the fact that they were about to get married, was.

Finding the whereabouts of his boss was no longer a Herculean task for Dylan's secretary, Mr. Wilson. Because he knew exactly where he would find him, in Mira's office at the opposite end of the building. It was common knowledge now that the CEO was smitten with the new head of the Bio-Synthesis project-one of the new undertakings of Scott Industries and the employees were ever so keen on receiving updates about the progress in their so-called office romance. Little did they know that the romance was hardly a new one.

But as they say, saucy matters like these aren't exactly easy to keep from spreading and so, it was a matter of great hilarity for the Scotts that an eye was being kept on Mira and Dylan's relationship. But it was time to make it official because according to Rafael, such rumours rarely did a business good.

"Of course, ma." Dylan piped up, grinning playfully as he handed over the rice to Alex and his new girlfriend sitting at the opposite end of the table. "I've been raving nonstop to your beloved daughter about my desire to get married but she won't give me a leeway." He blamed. "At this point, I'm pretty sure Alex gets more quality time to spend with his girlfriend than I do."

Dylan looked at Alex who smirked. Mira covered her face in embarrassment. Alex had turned out to be exactly like his older brother except that wasn't really a player, but more of a choosy guy when it came to dating. But things were looking up and it seemed that now at 19 he had found his ideal girl. Ismay was a 18-year old, French-American girl and she had met Alex at a mutual friend's party. That was last year and now Ismay was practically a part of the family. She was the sweet and delicate sort and it had surprised Mira at first that Alex would like a girl who was so innocent but then Dylan had not so humorously reminded her that there had been a time when he had intended to get married to her.