Chapter 41 | What A Tease.

Mira

"Dylan, are you sure you want me to do the chica's hair?" A lanky, twenty something guy with a lip piercing pointed towards me.

I was in a disheveled state. My hair looked as if it hadn't been combed in years and I was sure I looked as out of place in my dress as a pauper forcefully seated in a Rolls Royce.

"Yes, Pablo." Dylan pulled a chair forward for me and made me sit on it before retiring to the couch behind me. "I've come to you with great hope that your sense of fashion isn't just limited to a particular gender."

"No, of course not." Pablo, which I deemed was Dylan's stylist for the night, beamed and then beckoned forward three of his apprentices. "Hold this up." He directed as he pushed a finger into my spine. "If you could straighten your back."

I complied. Pablo smiled satisfied and grinned. "Tonight we're going to doll this beautiful girl up. After all, it's the question of my reputation with the Young Master Dylan here." He winked at Dylan who to my surprise blushed.

I guess having a homosexual stylist with a questionable taste in hair colour did that to you.

I rested my head against the chair as Pablo and the other three guys hovered around me, mumbling incoherently. I didn't dare to open my eyes as my hair was mercilessly combed, pulled, straightened and pinned. Soon, I felt myself being hauled up and pushed into Dylan's arms who then took me inside his wardrobe, embracing me gently from the waist.

"Why are we in your wardrobe?" I tapped him on his arm squinting and he cleared his throat nervously.

"Apparently, your dress needs to be erm adjusted a little." He made awkward hand motions and grimaced. "Pablo refused to do that because he was too embarrassed to touch a woman."

"You're no less embarrassed." I pointed out, my hand reaching out to cover my neckline consciously.

"I am?"

"Yes," I nodded.

Dylan seemed to think about it. "Oh f*ck it, I'll just get this done and over with." He told me finally and grabbing me by the waist pulled me closer. Pushing my arm upwards, he zipped the dress up from the side and turning me around, he quickly zipped the dress up from the back too. I tried to ignore the way his hands brushed against my body, biting my lip to stay put. This was something that had to be done and I couldn't do it on my own.

I knew that this wasn't the right time.

But then why did slight shaking of Dylan's warm hands on my bare skin feel like such a romantic gesture?

"You have beautiful skin, you know." He whispered as his hands stilled on my shoulders and I froze.

"And today you might feel a bit conscious of it." He paused. "And you might not be quite as comfortable in it either." He turned me around, his thumb caressing my skin causing threads of warmth to start unfurling down my arms, upto my fingertips. I was pretty sure I had goosebumps.

I gulped. "I'm not going to act like last time Dylan. I've practiced enough to not falter in front of the paparazzi. Don't worry." I forced out a shaky laugh.

The truth was, I still wasn't used to it. I still wasn't used to the idea of being in the limelight. And with Dylan confessing to me, the burden of expectations on my shoulders was huge.

What if I didn't live up to the expectations of his ideal girlfriend?

Oh wait, I wasn't his girlfriend yet.

Across Boundaries (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara