Chapter 34 | Lets Sleep Together.

Mira

The ride back home was pretty eventful.

Turned out, Dylan hadn't exactly been too comfortable due to my weird sleeping habits. Too bad, I forgot to tell him that I kicked and moved around a lot in my sleep. Poor Dylan had to sleep with half of the blanket off his body.

"Are you sore anywhere?" I asked him.

We were in a car. As soon as the snow had cleared up, Dylan had called his driver to come pick us up.

In front of us, the driver coughed.

I realised my mistake.

Dylan did too. Grinning, he ordered that the partition be drawn up.

"Be careful, Princess. You don't want people to talk, do you?" He said, his eyes shining. "Although, I wouldn't mind."

"Shut up." I muttered abashedly. "I just wanted to ask if you were in discomfort due to me."

"Oh, I am. Ever since I met you, I always am." He smirked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Don't misunderstand." He laughed. "It's just that there's been a drastic reduction in the number of my fangirls...I guess you're scary. That is obviously a source of my discomfort."

I scowled. "As if that has anything to do with me."

"It doesn't?"

"No. You must have gotten uglier." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Oh yeah?" He appeared thoughtful. "That's not what Alyssa told me at that party."

My head shot up. "Who's Alyssa?"

Dylan raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, it's not that I'm interested or anything. I was just wondering." I shrugged.

"I never said anything." Dylan said. An amused smile played upon his lips and cursing myself, I turned my head away to look outside.

A minute passed.

Another minute passed.

I could feel Dylan shifting behind me but I kept my eyes glued onto the scene outside.

"I am sore though." Dylan said.

"I don't care."

"And it's all due to you." He paused for my response. "I mean, I always knew your kicks were lethal. I can't forget that little incident. You had been perfectly capable of kicking me even when you were hungover." He reminded and I flushed.

I couldn't ever forget that incident. I had thought he was a thief or worse, a pervert sneaking into the dark room and had nearly killed Dylan.

"But what's important is that I didn't know you were such a bad sleeper." He said on a more serious note.

"You know, kicking is alright. You may do it all you want. I don't mind. Besides, I deserved that for throwing you in the bathtub yesterday. But moving around so much? I don't understand. Remember when I saw those dark circles underneath your eyes? I wondered what was wrong but now I know."

"What do you know, Dylan?" I turned around.

"I know that you're sleep deprived. Not because you don't sleep or don't want to sleep. It's because you can't and that bothers me." He sighed.

"So?"

"So, let's sleep together-"

"WHAT?!" I shouted. But quickly covered my mouth.