Chapter 8 | Saviour? My Foot!

Mira

Mira

I slid into Dylan's convertible as elegantly as I could. Don't blame me, I just didn't want to make a total fool of myself in front of my university's most popular guy.

The beautiful, cozy interior of the car was the first thing I noticed. The seats were a creamy white and the dashboard rich brown. All in all, the car practically screamed 'filthy rich'. The convertible smelled just like Dylan-the same woodsy, vanilla fragrance that I was starting to like very much.

I pushed my hair behind my ear and clasped my hands in my lap as Dylan drove. I dared not move, afraid I would scratch the smooth leather. My wristwatch that I always wore and my earrings could very well damage the interior and I didn't want to spoil the absolute beauty of a car.

Hesitantly I reached up for the seat belt and when I saw Dylan glancing at me, I fumbled.

I don't know why but the way he looked at me was so, I don't know...

His eyes smouldered with an unknown emotion as he looked at me, as if trying to bare my soul of its deepest secrets and darkest fears.

A heated blush rose to my cheeks and I let my hair fall in a curtain over my face as I continued trying to fasten the seat belt. But with his constant gaze on me, I couldn't think right and fumbled again.

Seeing my clumsiness, even Dylan was forced to smile.

A real, genuine smile with no trace of an amused smirk.

I looked up again to confirm that what I saw was real and not just a figment of my imagination.

And sure enough he was smiling. He didn't look amused, he didn't look cocky. He just looked happy, cute almost.

Yeah I know, I was going crazy. But I couldn't help it. I couldn't. Dylan wasn't like any other guy I had ever seen. He was undoubtedly the best looking guy I had ever laid my eyes on, even better looking than most of my celebrity biases.

But that doesn't mean you are allowed to think about boys. The strict voice inside my head scolded me.

"Here, let me do this for you." Dylan said chuckling.

He leaned over and reached towards the buckle of the seat belt making me jump. I was very aware of his scent. His warm breath fanned my face even as I leaned backwards trying to maintain a respectable distance.

He does smell really nice though. The unreasonable voice in my head said. And for the first time in my life I agreed with it.

I think he sensed my awkwardness and drew back. He looked at me for a moment and smirked.

I ignored his smirk and smiled faintly as '18' by One Direction came up . Smiling, I hummed along as I looked out of the window.

"So you are into English music?" Dylan questioned.

"Hmm," I muttered not paying much attention as I was too busy noticing the heavy rain outside. I would have caught a fever by now.

"One Direction, huh? Never took you as a Directioner," he mused.

"You hardly know me," I said shrugging.

He seemed to think about that for a moment.

"Well, I know enough," He stated confidently.

"No, you don't. I don't think so."

"Yes niña, I do." He smirked.

"And what is that?" I asked curious.

We were currently stuck in a very crowded lane so Dylan turned off the engine.

"What's what?" He asked confused.

"Niña."I stated looking at him, waiting for a reply.

"Little girl." His body shook with laughter.

I glared at him. "I'm not a little girl." I shot back.

"Yes, you're not. But it's just a term chica, no need to get annoyed." He raised his hands shrugging.

"Don't call me chica."I hissed only to make his smirk grow wider.

"What about, cara?" He smirked lopsidedly.

"Don't you dare," I glared at him trying to give him my best I-will-kill-you look. But as always the idiot looked unfazed.

"Now now," he tutted "That's not how you talk to your saviour." He looked amused.

"Saviour? Meri Jutti!" (Saviour? My Foot!) I snapped. "You literally forced me to get in the car," I choked in surprise.

''Well, I had to. I didn't want you to miss your first tutoring session." He shrugged.

"Ah yes, about that." I nodded. "Why did you suggest this to Mr. Anderson that I would tutor you?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"Well, because you're the best." He said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh no, that is not what I mean. What I want to know is that how can you not score in English, when you are an American and English is your first language? French, I can understand but English?" I huffed.

"I'm not." He smiled glancing at me.

"What?"I asked confused.

"An American, well at least not fully." He shrugged.

"Oh, does that mean you are of a mixed descent?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. I mean...I'm half Spanish from my father's side and half Italian from my mother's side, and since my grandfather was half American and half Spanish, I guess I got a bit of American blood too." He shrugged.

"So you see English is kind of my third language and I have difficulty in that. I started learning it only a couple of years ago. I can make a proper conversation, but I'm still not that comfortable with it as I am with Italian or Spanish. And writing those long essays? No way. There are more mistakes in one sentence and less words, if that's possible." he smiled and shrugged.

"Oh,"

"Yeah," He said as he turned on the ignition to drive again as the traffic ahead had cleared.

"So where should I drop you?" He asked.

"At Claude's please.'' I replied smiling.

"But why? I thought you were going home?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

I bit my lip contemplating.

Could I tell him?

Hey my sweeties.

I give you the 8th chapter. Hope you like it. Please share what you think. Will Mira tell him. Also I would love to know what you think of Mira and Dylan so far. Suggestions are more than welcome, even criticism but please don't be rude.

I will update as soon as possible and will do better with your support.

Lots of love.😘