Chapter 11 | Tugged Heartstrings

Mira

Mira

I moved slowly along the corridor. There were so many rooms, I had no idea which one was mine.

I regretted not bringing Mariah along. I did not want to be seen wandering around listlessly in someone else's home.

I stopped and looked around.

There were many doors along both the sides of the brightly lit corridor, but I expected Dylan's bedroom door to look a bit different.

He didn't seem like the type to mix in with others and something about his room, had to be different.

I nodded to myself and walked along until I spotted a door slightly ajar.

So typical of Dylan to leave the door open.

My heartbeat quickened at the realisation that I could recognise something belonging to him so easily. But in my defense, the door practically screamed Dylan. It was larger and looked way more sophisticated than the gates of the other rooms. Looking at it's modern design engraved into an entirely different wood, it was clear that the room belonged to none other than the Scott family's heir.

Having made my observation, I pushed open the door next to it. I did not bother to look inside Dylan's room. I certainly did not want to look inside or get any more close to his personal life than I already was.

At the first glance itself, the room I entered into, clearly wasn't your average room. I had not expected or wanted a room containing more than a basic comfortable bed, a chest of drawers and if we were talking wants-maybe a little vanity.

But it should suffice to say that the room's ambience went beyond my expectations. It wasn't a room meant just to be stayed in...

It was a place to be enjoyed living in. My own paradise.

Unable to contain my excitement and awe, I decided to take a quick tour around the room before settling.  A few steps inside the room and I found all my luggage neatly arranged in one corner of the room.

Just like the house, the room was huge, so much so that my small luggage seemed greatly out of place lying in the room. I took in my surroundings again. I wasn't sure whether to feel happy or intimidated.

The room was exceptionally homey. Rather than being golden like the rest of the house, it was a beautiful purple and golden and the aesthetic matched my tastes perfectly. The purple was bright enough to add a pop of colour and the gold made the room look lavish, giving it the much needed depth.

A huge king size bed with thick duvets and cushions sat right in the centre of the room and a small open entryway camouflaged by bright golden strings led to what I supposed was the vanity. The beaded strings rustled, every time the breeze rushed in from the vintage-looking French windows, producing a faint tinkling sound. The wallpapers were intricate and the room was tastefully decorated with rugs, antique show pieces, flower vases with freshly arranged bouquets of orchids, as if it had been done by a professional interior designer.