Chapter 2

Frigga

"Dad?"

I took another step closer and watched as the man stared at me in awe.

"Frigga," he seemed breathless before he pulled me in for a bone crushing hug. Jeez, this guy was strong. Maybe that's why I'm different.

We took a moment to hug each other while he chuckled into my neck.

"Why don't you come in, Thor?" my mom offered.

He nodded and I followed then both into the kitchen.

"Your name is Thor?" I asked, "It's like the god of thunder."

He chucked and looked to my mom, "Didn't you tell her anything about me?"

"Not exactly," I answered for her.

"Is she mortal," he focused on my mom and sat his hammer on the table.

"Umm," she started.

"Mortal?" I questioned, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Frigga. I am a god from the realm of Asgard..." he was cut off by the sound of Darcy coming upstairs.

"Thor!" she exclaimed.

"Where's Asgard? What kind of god?" I desperately tried to get answers but nobody heard me as they said hello. A sharp ringing noise sounded through my ears and I turned my head. The hammer seemed to have a small glow to it.

I glanced back at the adults and back at the hammer. Without being noticed, I walked over to the hammer. I touched it and felt a surge of power rush through me.

I yanked my hand away and examined it. It seemed okay, it looked the same. I touched it one more time. The same rush of energy flowed through me. It felt good. I had so much energy and it was kind of relaxing.

I took my hand off it and looked back over at everyone else. They all seemed interested in Thor... my dad.

I slipped my hand through the leather loop on the handle. I clutched the handle and felt the same surge of energy again. I felt strong.

"Frigga, honey don't touch that!" my mom said.

But it was too late. I had turned around to hear her and lifted the hammer with me. Everybody turned to focus on me and they gasped. That sharp ringing noise filled my head again and I looked at my hand to see the hammer glowing again.

"What did you say about her being mortal?" Thor awed.

"I didn't say anything," my mom said.