Chapter 34

Frigga

I woke up with a numb sensation. My hearing was almost mute, making everything sound faded. My chest felt heavy and my head was pounding. My lungs seemed foreign to the feeling as they faltered while trying to push air in and out of my chest.

I shot open my eyes and was met with the familiar view of hospital room ceiling. I immediately wanted to rub the sleep from my eyes but there was an IV in my arm, preventing me from lifting it. I was covered in the sanitary white sheets as if nothing had happened the day before. I wish I could say I didn't remember what happened, but to my dismay I remembered every single detail.

"Finally awake huh kiddo?" A familiar voice rang in my ears. I looked to my left to see Tony carelessly sitting on the couch.

"How long have I been out?" I questioned, somewhat propping myself up on my elbow.

"About a week."

"What?!" I panicked. My heart started racing my chest faster and faster.

"Nah it's only been two days," he shrugged like it was no big deal. I relaxed a little even though I had still been out for two days.

"Why?"

"Uh well that Fury Fucker had you detained and then you kinda had surgery," he shrugged like it was no big deal and then stood up.

"Kinda?"

"Yea you know all that metal," he picked up a doctors tool and fidgeted with it as he continued to speak. "And I'm sure your parents told you that I was helping find out a way to cure you. Well I did and they took action on it immediately."

I sat up, my chest felt heavy and it suddenly became harder to breathe. "What is this?" I gasped in pain.

"Don't sit up too fast Frigster," he sat down the gadget and reached into his pocket to reveal an old Arc Reactor.

"Don't tell me..." I trailed off and felt the pained area on my chest.

I suddenly didn't know what to think anymore. My fingers roamed the metal trying to comprehend what was actually happening. My pulse quickened and my breathing excellerated. It wasn't exactly where Tony's Arc Reactor had been though. It was higher on my chest: above my breasts but below my collar bone. In a hurried manner I pulled my shirt away from my chest and peered down at the glowing white-ish blue machine.

"Yea we decided to let you keep your boobs," Tony shrugged then laughed, causing me to stiffle a laugh also, despite the circumstances.

The door opened and in walked my dad. He was dressed in a dark blue shirt that had been rolled up to his elbows and a pair of dark jeans. Probably my mother's outfit suggestions.

"Frigga how art thou? Is your device causing you any tremendous pain?" He questioned and sat at the foot of my bed.

"She just woke up Meat Swing give her a moment to catch her breath," Tony said and rolled his old Arc Reactor back and forth in his hands.

"Excuse my behavior of being in the deepest state of concern for my daughter," my dad huffed.

"Yea dad I'm fine. I'll be right back though." With careful and precise actions of standing up, I made it to my bathroom and locked the door behind me. As soon as I was in front of the mirror, I tore my shirt off over my head.

The reflection of the Arc Reactor in the mirror made it all ten times more real than it already was. The glow added a certain reality to it that wasn't there before. It was glowing a light blue, almost white color and was in the shape of a basic circle. But the shape inside the machine was a thin, glowing, blue triangle. I carefully ran my fingers across the reactor in awe of the sight. I looked down at the veins in my arm, the metallic hue that had already made them prominent was still visible. Making me wonder if the machine was doing it's job at all. I ran my cold finger over my metallic colored veins, then looked down at my Arc Reactor.