Chapter 35

Frigga

I flew around carelessly not giving a rats ass about what anyone thought of me. I was free again. While I was flying I made sure to keep an eye on Steve and Natasha's car, so I could arrive at Stark Towers at the same time they did.

About fifteen minutes later my iron feet made contact with the landing deck and JARVIS began to take apart my suit as I walked down the aisle. I switched hands with my mjolnir so my suit could contract off my hands.

"Frigga!" Clint shouted once my suit was fully removed. I sat my mjolnir on a table that was right in the door.

"Legolas!" I shouted back and hugged him.

"You don't even know what that means do you?"

"Not really but Tony told me to call you that," I shrugged.

"Figures," He said as Steve and Natasha emerged from the elevator.

"You got here quick," Natahsa said and walked over to the kitchen.

"You got here slow," I shurgged. This caused Steve to burst out in a laugh but he quickly closed his mouth once Natasha sent him a glare.

I sat down at the counter as Natasha slid me a a Mtn.Dew. I thanked her and popped open the tab. The room was mostly silent as we waited for everyone else to get here. Little by little people started showing up. First it was Bruce, followed only seconds later by Tony. After about five more minutes my mom and dad showed up.

"Finally!" Tony shouted when they walked in the room. "Were you guys doing nasty things in the car?"

"Ewww," I cringed as my moms face turned different shades of red, my dad laughed, and the rest of the room laughed also.

"Alright down to business," Tony said. "There's something wrong with director Fury."

"I think we've all noticed something a little strange," Bruce said and nodded his head.

"I noticed it about a week or two ago. He just seemed...off," Clint shrugged.

"Yea he would have never made Frigga watch those tapes," Tony started. "Unless he was trying to break her down. See where her melting point is."

I don't know why but just hearing about the events that had happened the other day made me feel embarrassed. The emotion seemed foreign in a situation like this. Was I not supposed to break down in front of Fury? Was it all a test? Either way I knew none of these guys would have done that in a million years. They're all much stronger than I am, and hell, I thought I was pretty emotionally strong in my life. But then I took a crash course on reality.

"So what do we even do? Just call our boss in for an intervention?" Natasha said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

"I do not know what else we might do," my dad chimmed in. It was quiet for a few moments as we all took in the thought. What are we going to do about Nick Fury? As if on que the doors to the elevator opened and out walked, none other than Nick Fury.

"Nick, buddy!" Tony said, trying to clear the tension from the room. He turned away from the door and all gave us the look of, shut the fuck up. The quietness of the room suddenly changed to various conversations between us all as Fury just stared at us.

"I've come to talk to Frigga," Nick said and the conversations that were once busting throughout the room ceased all at once.

"I-I don't-" Tony started and gave me a wide eyed look.