Chapter 7

Above picture is Mitch's outfit for the party 😁

Outside the building, Mitch was furious "You were literally on the verge of blowing up our cover. Like seriously how did you even become an agent and that too a field agent. Gosh!"

Rupert sheepishly said "I'm sorry its just I got a little nervous"

"A little?!" Mitch yelled, "Not only were you going to blow our cover, you also totally embarrassed us man! Shaikh must think we're a pair of idiots"

All of Mitch's anger and rage disappeared the second he heard Aayat's voice, calling him. Well calling his alter ego actually.

"Asher! Wait up" Mitch turned around and saw her lightly jog towards him with Shaikh's dog

Aayat stopped in front of him with a wide grin on her face. She was about to say something but stopped when she looked at Rupert then back at Mitch. Mitch realized that she wanted to talk to him alone so he gave Rupert a look. Rupert kept glancing back and forth between them and took that as his cue to leave before telling Mitch "Okay I'll see you later I guess"

Mitch looked down at the dog and the dog snarled at him, he frowned at the dog's action and said, "I don't like him"

Aayat gave a small laugh and said "Don't worry he'll grow on you"

"Why are you with Mr. Shaikh's dog anyways?" Mitch asked

"I like dogs and sometimes Mr. Shaikh lets me take Yoda with me wherever I go" Aayat replied

Mitch was completely weirded out "That dog's name is Yoda?"

Aayat asked him curiously "You really don't like dogs don't you"

Mitch thought about all those times on missions when he was chased by a pack of Pit Bull Terriers, Japanese Tosa's and even police dogs and he murmured to Aayat "You have no idea"

Aayat simply nodded and asked "So what are you doing this evening?"

Mitch showed her his "science" files and said "work"

She appeared a little nervous, and asked "My friend is throwing a party at his place, I was wondering if you'd like to go with me"

Mitch couldn't help but smirk at that "Are you asking me out on a date Ms. Sadik?"

Her eyes widened and she blushed a little before saying, "What no! I was just asking as friends. Gosh you know what, fine don't come. Lets go Yoda"

As she started to walk away, Mitch held her arm and pulled her towards him "Hey wait! I was just kidding. I'd like to go with you this evening, well that is if the offer is still up" he teased again

This time Aayat smirked and said, "You're lucky the offer is still up. I'll text you the address, see you in the evening."

**********

"You're going on a date with her again?!" Rupert exclaimed

Mitch stood in front of his dresser, getting ready for the party.

He wore an olive green shirt, blue denim jacket, black jeans and brown boots.

"Hey this time I clearly asked her whether this was a date and she clearly denied" Mitch explained

"But you are still going to a party with her and now you're dressing up like some high school teenager trying to woo a girl" Rupert said, still annoyed

"Just because I'm a CIA Black Ops doesn't mean that I'm always going to dress up like a leader of some biker gang or worse, James Bond. And also, you know that I'm going with Aayat to find out more intel about Shaikh" Mitch justified himself

"Great. Again using the Shaikh Card" Rupert sighed

"What do you mean?" Mitch asked as he wore his watch

"You know, the Shaikh Card which you use to spend more time with Aayat" Rupert explained

"I have no idea what you're talking about man" Mitch shrugged, though knowing exactly what Rupert meant.

"Of course you don't. Since you say this isn't a date, I'm also going to come with you" Rupert said.

This time Mitch looked at him for the first time since this conversation started.

"Woah what do you mean come with us? She didn't invite you nor did she even want to talk to you. Remember this morning when she silently communicated with me through her eyes to tell you to go away"

Rupert frowned, clearly offended "Yes I remember that. Fine I won't go with you, but I will crash the party on my own and you know just see how things are going. Plus I don't have anything to do right now"

Mitch was now annoyed "You have a million things you could do right now"

"You're right, I do. But I choose to crash the party" Rupert grinned

Mitch knew Rupert was not going to listen to him so he just glared at him and said, "Fine do whatever you want"