Chapter 39

"Hurley what are you saying?" Irene Kennedy yelled through the phone

"Yes I know its hard to believe. Your recruit turns out to be a softy after all." Hurley said as he packed his bags.

"This is a serious issue. He is basically involved with the Islamic Jihad and I can't believe you are actually listening to him and going all the way to Beirut based on the words of a terrorist and an assassin." Irene yelled again

Hurley sighed "I know it doesn't exactly sound like a bright plan but we don't have a choice. This is the only lead we got and we cannot ignore any leads now. We cannot let more innocent civilians die."

"Innocent civilians already lost their lives because of Rapp. If he would've finished her off at the power plant then the explosion at the White House in Russia would've never happened. This is all my fault. I really had faith and trust in him, I just—" Irene couldn't finish her sentence. Hurley could lightly hear her sob.

Hurley knew what was going through her mind. He knew Irene better than anybody since he practically raised her.

He understood that the guilt she felt was something she could not put in words. She had brought Mitch in and convinced everyone that he is the guy which the CIA needs. Irene had literally gone against him and several others just to have Mitch join the CIA.

And based on Mitch's personality, Irene had never imagined him to fall in love again much less fall in love with a terrorist.

Especially because the reason why Mitch even became an assassin in the first place was to avenge the death of his girlfriend who was killed by the terrorists who hijacked the Pan Am Flight 103.

Now the same Mitch had fallen in love with a terrorist and is doing everything he can to protect her.

"I am going to talk to Stansfield." She quietly said

"Hey its not your fault and honestly its not Rapp's fault either." Hurley assured

"You are taking his side?" Irene said in surprise

"I am not taking sides. I agree what the punk did was wrong but he didn't do it on purpose. He had no idea who she really was." Hurley explained

She grunted "And here I thought he was a well trained assassin. He couldn't even figure out who she really is."

"She is also a well trained terrorist." Hurley defended, even though he had no idea why was he even defending Mitch.

"Exactly. We know that she can never be on our side and we cannot let him just be with her like that. We don't trust her and Rapp has a lot of confidential information that we cannot let anyone especially terrorists, get their hands on. So we have to seize her." Irene said

"He is aware of that. I said the same thing to him. We can deal with that later but right now we have to capture Sayyed for which we have to go to Beirut."

Irene didn't argue any further, she knew Hurley was not going to listen. So she simply said her goodbye "Be safe. Beirut is a dangerous place."

"Yeah don't worry. I'll let you know if I get any new information." Hurley said before he disconnected the call.

Someone knocked at his door, "Come in" he yelled.

Richard entered the room and asked "We are ready. Are you?"

Hurley smirked "I was born ready. Lets go to Beirut." 

Hey guys! I know this chapter is short but I came back home yesterday and I was so busy with unpacking and cleaning and stuff.

I promise that the next chapter will be longer.

Hope you guys enjoy this!

Please vote!