Chapter 32

They both reached the house. She picked up the breakfast tray which was on her bed and brought it to dining table and ate. Mitch sat across her and had his breakfast too.

Mitch didn't want to ruin this happy moment they were having, but they needed to have this conversation.

"You've basically known Sayyed your whole life right" he said

She stopped what she was doing and looked at him angrily.

She dropped her fork and knife, got up and starting walking out.

Mitch sighed and followed her. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him.

"Aayat please just listen to me" he pleaded

"Of course. You brought me here to give you all the info I have on Sayyed. I'm just a pawn you need to capture him." she angrily said as she tried pulling away from him.

She lightly hissed in pain when he touched her hands.

Her sleeves rolled up and Mitch's eyes widened as his gaze fell on the angry bruises on her hands.

"How did you get these?" he asked, concerned laced in his voice.

Aayat saw what he was referring to "Courtesy of you" she spat.

His eyes narrowed in confusion but realization hit him. He twisted her hands last night, that's what caused the angry bruises.

He forcibly pulled her and made her sit on the sofa.

"Don't move" he said to her as he went inside to get the first aid kit. She angrily huffed but didn't say anything.

He returned with the first aid kit and sat down next to her. Mitch found the ointment and took her hand in his. She angrily pulled away but he stubbornly took her hand again.

She gave up knowing he wouldn't let it go, "Why do you care? I'm the one in pain, not you", she said, clearly irritated

As Mitch started applying the ointment, he replied softly "My mom used to say that unless we share someone's pain, we don't get separated from our own pain and nor does the pain separate from us."

Aayat watched him apply the ointment and let his words sink in. She realized he was talking about the emotional pain that they both have gone through.

But then what he had said to her few minutes ago at the breakfast flashed her mind

"You've basically known Sayyed your whole life right"

Aayat angrily pulled away and started walking towards the door.

"Aayat, what you are assuming is not the reason why I brought you here" Mitch followed behind her and grabbed her by the waist, turning her to him.

"Then why did you bring me here?" she yelled, as she tried to push him away.

"Because I'm trying to save you", he yelled as he pushed her against the wall.

She stopped resisting. For a minute they didn't say anything as they stared at each other.

"What do you mean?" she finally asked

"I know that you don't want to work for Sayyed. I also know that you want to be with me as much as I want to be with you" he said the last part in a very gentle voice.

Aayat's eyes brimmed with tears threatening to fall.

"It was so easy for you wasn't it? To point your gun at me and tell me that you loved me" she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Mitch felt his heart break when he saw the tears in her eyes. He understood that she was talking about the night at the power plant.

"I would've said the same thing if the gun was in your hand pointing towards me." He softly said as he wiped away her tears with his thumb.

Mitch continued, "I love you Aayat."

She gasped when those words left his mouth. Aayat felt her heart flutter at his words. She knew he loved her but never expected him to say out loud like that.

Aayat's features softened and she finally said the words which he was dying to hear,

"I love you too Mitch."

Mitch grinned at her words. He felt his heart beat rising. He literally felt like he was on cloud 9.

He slowly leaned in and finally kissed her. The world was forgotten.

CIA, Islamic Jihad, assassins, terrorists, none of it mattered to them. It was just two lovers finally confessing their love for each other. The kiss was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words couldn't explain. His one hand rested on her waist and another rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek. She ran her fingers across his hair and tugged, pulling him closer, if it was even possible. There was absolutely no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.

She lightly hummed in the kiss and she felt him smile.

After a few minutes Mitch slowly pulled away and Aayat groaned in frustration. He lightly chuckled and rested his forehead against hers.

They both closed their eyes, enjoying their special moment.

They finally said it!! :)

Honestly, I couldn't wait to reach this part of the story

Hope you guys enjoyed it!

If you did, please vote and leave comments :)