Chapter 31

Aayat woke up with a throbbing pain in her head. She groaned as she got up from the bed.

Wait. Bed?

Events from last night came rushing to her. Her deal with Uzuner, Mitch showing up at the apartment, him killing Uzuner and taking everything from the safe, then Mitch literally kidnapping her.

"Good Morning Catwoman"

Aayat looked up and saw Mitch entering the room with a smirk on his face and a tray in his hands.

He placed the tray in front of her. There were pancakes, scrambled eggs, some fruits and a cup of coffee.

"Breakfast in bed. Don't get used to it", he teased.

Mitch was behaving as if they were a normal couple on a holiday. Aayat had never seen him so calm and relaxed, and honestly, that scared her.

"Mitch, where are we?" she asked in a slight frightened tone as she looked around the room.

"I suggest you have your breakfast first. There will be time for questions later." He replied.

She got out of bed and ran out of the room trying to find a way out.

Aayat finally got out of the house but came to an abrupt stop with the outside surrounding

It was a forest.

Nevertheless she kept running and few meters later she came across a beach. There wasn't a single person on the beach.

Aayat panicked. She was literally in the middle of nowhere with an assassin who would probably kill her.

"Are you done exploring?" Mitch said behind her

She turned around and saw him. She took a few steps back from him and asked in the same frightened tone, "Where did you bring me? And more importantly, why did you bring me here?"

Mitch started walking towards her and replied softly "I brought you here so that we could talk without the world disturbing us"

He stood right in front of her and saw the fear in her eyes. He continued in the same soft tone "I won't hurt you Aayat. I need you to trust me."

Mitch held out his hand.

Aayat looked at him and then at his hand that he held out for her. She hesitantly placed her hand on his.

He smiled at her gesture.

They then started walking towards the house.

During their walk, none of them said anything for a few minutes until Mitch spoke up "Sorry about last night. You know grabbing you and throwing you in the trunk. Honestly I had no idea what I was doing. I just wanted to get you alone with me without any spies or snipers watching us and this was the only place I could think of."

"You could've asked instead of kidnapping me" she said, annoyed.

"I was angry at that moment to consider asking you anything and I also assumed you wouldn't agree seeing as how you were trying to run away" he explained

"I was trying to run away because when I saw what you did to Uzuner, I thought I was next." She said in a low voice

Mitch turned to her "I would never do that to you." he gently said

Aayat didn't say anything and looked at him.

He smiled when their eyes met.

She saw how relaxed he was. Like he didn't have a care in the world.

Aayat smiled back, feeling no longer threatened by Mitch.