Chapter 40

MARTYR'S SQUARE, LEBANON

Aayat and the other men arrived at the hotel Sayyed was staying at in Martyr's Square. Now this area wasn't your typical public area nor was the hotel your typical 5 star or even 2 star hotel.

Martyr's Square was the worst place in Lebanon, it was two hours away from Beirut. It crawled with goons and terrorists.

The hotel was the same. The people entering weren't greeted with a formal smile by concierge, instead they were greeted by grim looking buffy goons.

This is the kind of area that had no place for women nor children but Aayat was an exception. Aayat looked around the place and thought that this place should be called Goons Town or Terroristville instead of Martyr's Square.

Its not like she was bothered by her surrounding, after all she grew up in it.

"Aayat! My child, how are you?" Sayyed greeted her happily as he hugged her.

Aayat raised her eyebrows in suspicion because well one, Sayyed has never ever called her "My child", two, she had never seen the guy happy unless it involved money and blood.

"I've been better." Aayat replied

Sayyed started walking and Aayat followed him as well as the other men.

"We've lost two of our funders. I'm sure you know that because you were there when Mr. Uzuner died." Sayyed said

"Yes, I'm sorry I tried to—" she was interrupted by Sayyed "Shush, no need to apologize. I understand the situation was bad or else you would've done everything to stop that assassin wouldn't you?"

"Um yeah of course I would." Aayat said, feeling a little nervous.

"Anyways my spies tell me that the Americans are arriving to Beirut tonight." Sayyed said with a smile as he looked at Aayat and it was not the genuine smile, it was that creepy old dude smile that said "Oh deary, I'm going to have so much fun!"

Now Aayat was really nervous but tried not show it. Instead she tried to appear enthusiastic "Oh that's great!" bur failed miserably.

She had no idea that Sayyed knew. Damn his spies are good she thought to herself.

Sayyed stopped at the elevator of Goons Hotel and turned to Aayat "Let me show you what I have prepared for our American guests."

Sayyed stepped inside the elevator and gestured Aayat to join but Aayat seemed to have other ideas. She was trying to think of the fastest and easiest way to get out of Goons Town without getting chopped up by its citizens because she really did not like how this meeting with her supposedly foster father (Mayor of the Goons Town) was going.

Nevertheless she stepped inside the elevator and forged a smile.

The elevator reached the basement and Aayat eyes widened as soon as the doors of the elevator opened. The basement was like an underground death chamber.

The chamber had various cells and she could already hear the screams of men.

"Oh ignore them, they're just some people who got on my bad side. That's all" Sayyed said as if that was no big deal at all.

He entered a room or as Aayat called it, one of the cells of the death chamber. There was a chair in the room and a bunch of buffy guys along with some displayed torturing devices.

Aayat gulped.

The door shut and she flinched, oh this is so not going to end well, Aayat thought to herself.

"So Aayat, I wanted to talk to you about something. Something very important." Sayyed said as he picked up a dagger and examined it.

"What is it?" Aayat said, fear evident in her voice. She had now figured out where this conversation was going.

"Why did you befriend that assassin in Istanbul despite my orders not to?" Sayyed calmly asked.

Sayyed again spoke up before Aayat could answer "And don't you dare lie to me this time."

Aayat sighed. She knew this was over, she also knew that Sayyed had planned all this so she could lead Mitch and the others right into his trap.

"My intention at first was to get information from him and kill him." She admitted (she was telling the truth btw).

"Then why did your intentions change?" he asked this time facing her.

Aayat looked down but didn't say anything because she knew Sayyed already knows the answer.

"I raised you in such a harsh environment so you were full of hatred and bitterness. If I would've known that instead you were going to fall in love with the enemy, then I would've killed you a long time ago." Sayyed yelled this time.

Aayat was now straight up pissed "Yeah well I wish you would've left me on the streets or just killed me. Its way better than working for you and living this miserable life."

Sayyed motioned the goons and they immediately held Aayat and tied her up to the chair.

He slapped Aayat with so much force that blood started oozing out from her nose, he then took a handful of Aayat's hair and forced her to look at him "Lets see how that attitude turns out when I kill your boyfriend right in front of your eyes."

Aayat chuckled "Lets see how you manage to even capture him in the first place."