Chapter 22

The picture above is the picture of the White House of Russia

MOSCOW, RUSSIA

Flashes, reporters and cameras. That was all Mitch could see as he and his colleagues walked inside the White House

Hurley introduced Mitch to the representatives of other countries. Mitch gave a polite smile and handshake to everyone he was being introduced to.

Everybody entered the meeting hall. Mitch followed his colleagues to the row of tables where it said in bold letters United States of America. He sat down at one of the tables, between Kennedy and Rupert.

Mitch prefers not really say anything in the UN Meeting. He is more of an observer than a speaker.

He rather listens carefully to the matters on which everyone is talking about than giving any opinion or discussing the subject.

They were all discussing the issue regarding the Middle Eastern attacks

One of the representatives from Saudi Arabia spoke "Innocent people are dying because of these terrorist. There have been so many attacks and yet none of our intelligence services could find any clue on them."

Then one of the representatives from United States, whom Mitch was not familiar with replied, "Yes its true that we have not found any clue on who they are exactly. But we have a suspicion that all these attacks have been done by the terrorist group called the Islamic Jihad"

Suddenly everyone in the room erupted into whispers.

Mitch felt agitated by the man's statement. After all he was the one who let a terrorist from the Islamic Jihad be free. If it rather had been a situation where he didn't know Aayat at all, he would've gladly put a bullet in her head. But his emotions clouded his judgment.

Kennedy felt his stiffness and turned her head towards him, giving him a questioning look. He looked at her and shrugged, trying to avoid any verbal questions from her.

This is going to be a long meeting, Mitch thought.

An hour later, Mitch couldn't sit there anymore. He wanted to get out of the meeting hall for at least a few minutes. He excused himself telling Kennedy he'll be in awhile. She nodded and he left.

INSIDE THE WHITE HOUSE

"Aayat, is everything in position?" Sayyed asked from the earpiece, which she was wearing. Aayat was currently dressed as one of the janitors.

"Yes everything is set. I will let you know once I leave the building." she replied as she got up to leave the basement.

Few minutes later, she was about to exit the building through the main entrance but froze in her footsteps, as she saw Mitch standing right outside the building with his back turned towards her.

Dammit. She thought
She had absolutely no chance of fooling Mitch with her disguise and get past him. She had to find another way out. But she realized that Mitch was standing too close to the building and with the consequences that this plan was going to have; she did not want Mitch to get hurt. Which means she had to get him away from the building before she and Sayyed could execute their plan.

Aayat used the backdoor of the building as her exit.

She walked towards the front of the building, hiding behind the bushes.

Aayat took out one of the many phones she had and dialed his number.

His phone started ringing. He frowned as he saw the unblocked number flashing on his phone screen. He was now walking towards the main road and answered cautiously "Hello"

Aayat felt her heart speed up at his voice. She closed her eyes. If only she could simply reply to him and have a casual conversation about life.

He asked again "Hello. Who is this?"

She opened her eyes and saw he was now walking towards the waterfront. She sighed in relief and disconnected the call. Mitch looked at his phone and saw the call got disconnected. He muttered something before standing at the waterfront. Aayat smiled as she saw him. She removed the sim card from the phone she used to call Mitch and crushed it before throwing it away.

Aayat walked for a few minutes before reaching a car. She unlocked the car and drove off. She removed her disguise and called Sayyed "The plan is ready to be set in motion"

Sayyed who was now in his secret hide out building, smirked at Aayat's words "I knew you could do this Aayat."

He went to his computer, typed in a few codes and clicked on the big red icon.

***************

Mitch instantly turned back as he heard a loud boom behind him. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open as he saw half of the parliament building on fire and the other half crumbling down. He heard screams and panics as he rushed towards the building.