Chapter 36

Aayat entered the house where she was staying and a man approached her "Sister where have you been? We've been looking all over for you", the man asked in concern.

"I had to take care of some business Raziq." Aayat said as she walked past him and made her way to her room.

Raziq followed her "Uzuner was killed last night along with two of our brothers and you let him steal everything from the safe!" he exclaimed

Aayat stopped abruptly and looked at him sharply "You think I let him get away with it! Of course I put up a fight but I had no weapons on me and he was completely armed. Not to mention he was a CIA assassin. I was lucky enough to even escape from there."

"But where were you after that?" he yelled

"If I would've directly come here then he would've followed me. So I was keeping him off my trail and as I said I had to take care of some other business." She lied again.

Raziq looked at her suspiciously but didn't question her further.

"Okay well now we don't have time to play hide and seek with the Americans. Uzuner was killed last night and so was one of our funders from Istanbul, Bora Deniz. They clearly know that we are here so we cannot waste any more time now." Raziq explained.

"So what do we do? We can't steal the weapon now,. Sayyed isn't even here" said Aayat.

"Yes its true we can't steal the weapon right now especially now that we have suffered such a huge loss with our funds. For now we have to stop these American spies and assassins. Sayyed will be coming back from Beirut tonight." Raziq finished

So he is in Beirut, Aayat thought.

"For now you should rest Aayat because none of us will be getting much rest once Sayyed shows up." Raziq said as he went down to the study room.

"Right yeah I'm just going to go and get some sleep." Aayat said as she to her room.

She locked her door and quickly sent a text to Mitch through a new phone she purchased on her way back.

"Sayyed is coming back from Beirut tonight."

She changed into her pajamas and got ready for bed.

She heard a buzz and checked her new phone. It was a text from Mitch.

"Okay got it." he replied back.

Aayat got under the covers and reflected back on her life. She was taking a life threatening risk by secretly going against Sayyed and becoming the mole of the Islamic Jihad.

If Sayyed doesn't kill her, sure as hell other members of the Jihad or even those supporting it will.

And even if she doesn't die, she would be marked as a traitor for the rest of her life.

After all she was betraying the person who raised her.

But then she thought, everything is fair in love and war. As much cliché as it may sound, she is so head in over heels in love with Mitch that she would willingly die for him.

Before she met Mitch, she never imagined herself even having a crush on someone let alone falling in love and betraying the Jihad. But her life changed when she met him. Sure he was a little grumpy at first (he is a CIA assassin after all) but slowly she was able to make him smile and open up and that made her feel like she had accomplished something big.

However, as he started opening up his heart to her, she realized that she had already given her heart to him.

Aayat's never felt so happy and alive in her life when she met Mitch. The happiest moment in her life was when Mitch told her "I Love You" this morning.

He says that she had brought a warm light in his dark life but he doesn't know that he had done the same for her.

Aayat doesn't know what the future holds. Whether their love wins or not, whether they get to be together in the end or not. But she sure does know that going against the Islamic Jihad and facing their wrath for Mitch was worth it.

She heard another buzz and checked her phone. It was a text from Mitch again.

"Goodnight beautiful." He texted

Aayat was surprised but also blushed at the text he sent her.

She didn't expect him to be one of those lovers who send goodnight and good morning text and you couldn't blame her, the guy was a ruthless assassin.

Aayat smiled and replied "Goodnight handsome <3."

Yup this was definitely worth it, she thought as she fell asleep.