Chapter 41

MARTYR'S SQUARE, LEBANON

Osman Ali and his men entered the hotel room where Sayyed was staying and he looked pretty restless. He was Sayyed's right hand.

Well he actually recently got promoted to becoming his right hand after Aayat suddenly realized that Sayyed was a crazy old dude and she needed freedom.

"I have news and you are going to have a hard time believing it." Ali said

Sayyed swiftly turned around and looked at him "What is it?"

Ali told his men to leave and in a hushed voice said "Do you remember the American who went by the name Bill Sherman?"

Did he remember him? The man had purportedly killed Sayyed's predecessor while he was enjoying his breakfast one spring morning. "Of course I do"

"One of my spies at the airport says he saw Sherman tonight."

"At the airport?"

"Yes. He came in on a flight from Ankara long with few other men. My man says he has aged. His hair has gone gray but he has those same devil eyes."

Sayyed's lips felt unusually parched. He quickly chugged down the entire jug of water which was on his side table.

It means Mitch Rapp is working with Sherman.

And that was not good.

"What else did you find out?" Sayyed asked

"My men followed them and there's one problem. The hotel they are staying at is in Bourj Hammoud."

Sayyed needed to wake up. The Sherman he remembered was tight with the Armenians. He hoped his plan doesn't backfire. This would have to be handled delicately, "If we get in a gun battle in Bourj Hammoud, we might not make it out alive."

Ali did not disagree. "We can wait and follow him. If he leaves the Bourj we can grab him."

The had been lucky enough to stumble across him and that luck would not with a man like Sherman, "Tell your men to hold."

"And then what?" Ali asked

"The chief of police owes me a favor. They can operate in Bourj Hammoud without too much trouble."

"If Bill Sherman is a problem, we can grab Mitch Rapp. After all, he was the one you wanted to capture in the first place." Ali suggested

"Yes its true. The Rapp boy was my priority that was before I found out that he and Sherman are working together. We can deal with Mitch Rapp later, right now we must deal with Bill Sherman" Sayyed said

Sorry for the short chapter guys!

Btw just to let you know, Stan Hurley is Bill Sherman

Anyways enjoy!