Chapter 15

Mitch was on his way to Istanbul University for Aayat's seminar. As he was trying to make his through the busy streets of Istanbul, he bumped into a man. Mitch formally apologized to the man and was going to walk ahead but something didn't seem right about him. Something was familiar. He looked back at the man again and followed him before calling out to him "excuse me". As soon as Mitch said that, the man started running and pushed a few people towards Mitch to slow him down. Mitch instantly knew that he was one of the terrorists that attacked him that night.

He ran behind the terrorist, trying to make his way through the crowded area. The terrorist then ran through the traffic, causing some cars to abruptly stop. Mitch climbed on the bonnets of the cars and jumped on the terrorist. They both crashed against the window of a shop. The terrorist got up again and started running with Mitch hot on his heels. He went inside a bar through the back door, pushing people and making his way through the entrance. Mitch followed and climbed on the long bar table before jumping on the terrorist and finally catching him. But soon, two huge muscular bouncers pulled both of them away and slammed them against the wall.

Mitch kicked the bouncer in his groin and punched him in the face. The terrorist also did something similar and escaped from the bouncer's hold. The terrorist ran again on the streets before running inside a tram.

The doors of the tram shut and it took off. Mitch ran behind the tram and was almost about to get hit by a car. The car came to an instant stop; Mitch climbed on the bonnet and roof of the car and then jumped on the roof of the tram, running towards the front of the rail vehicle. Passengers in the tram were panicking at Mitch's move. The driver saw Mitch climbing on the roof of the tram through the rearview mirror and slowed down the tram.

The terrorist noticed the speed slowing and ran towards the driver, knocking him out and increasing the speed of the tram. Mitch felt a sudden jerk but quickly regained his composure. Suddenly a car appeared on the track and the tram crashed into it. Mitch lost his balance and was about fall off at the head of the tram. He quickly caught a handle at the roof and held on to it while his feet were dangling at the window frame.

The tram didn't stop though. The broken and damaged car was pushed onto the side of the road and the tram kept running. The terrorist pulled out his gun and shot several times at the window frame before he ran out of bullets leaving his gun useless. None of the bullets hit Mitch, instead it broke the glass and he jumped inside the tram.

Mitch caught the terrorist and punched him in the face, kicked him in his ribs and slammed him against the pipe. The terrorist was about to punch him back but Mitch caught his arms, twisting it and breaking his bones. The terrorist yelled out in pain, Mitch caught him by the collar and slammed him against the window, throwing him out of the tram.

Mitch was about to jump out off the tram but he stopped as he heard the passengers screaming. He looked outside and saw a fleet of cars, two ambulances at the signal and a lot of people there. The tram was about to crash all those cars and the ambulances.

Mitch ran at the head of tram where all the controls were there and tried to stop it but none of the buttons were working. He again climbed on the roof of the tram and ran towards the pantograph, which was the main source of power of the tram.

He took off his jacket and put it over the bars of the pantograph. He applied all his energy and force to bend down the pantograph, and slowly the tram came to a stop.

**********************

"Mitch, you wrecked half of the city in 15 minutes and let a terrorist get away. What is going on with you man?" Rupert asked

They both met up at an ally of some street.

"He got away because I was trying to stop that tram from crashing into all those cars and those two ambulances", Mitch explained

"Yeah I know, your tram wreck is all over the news", Rupert said

"Oh god, then it means Aayat knows that I'm not a journalist", Mitch groaned

Rupert looked at him in disbelief, "Dude you're worried about Aayat? I think the whole city knows that you are not a journalist!"

He took a deep breath and continued "Okay listen, where will Shaikh be right now?"

"At the seminar" Mitch replied

"So you go to the seminar, that way you'll be safe from the cops. I'll talk to Stansfield on a secure line and tell him everything" Rupert said

"Okay fine" Mitch was about to walk away but was stopped by Rupert, "Here take this" he handed Mitch a gun and continued "Just in case, and fix your face before you go. You look like a mess"

"Okay" Mitch said before going to the seminar.