Chapter 30

ANKARA, TURKEY

Ankara wasn't so different from Istanbul. The same architecture, familiar roads and the same Turkish people.

"Brings back memories huh" Rupert nudged next to Mitch. They were in a car and were on their way to the house they were staying at.

"Yup sure does" Mitch simply said.

Hurley, Mitch, Richard and Rupert reached the house and the first thing they all did was crash in their respective bedrooms and slept for around eight hours. The fifteen hours flight had drained away all their energy and right now their brain could only function after they receive their required sleep.

Hurley woke everyone up at around 9pm. Mitch was still feeling exhausted even after sleeping the entire day. Jet lag is a bitch, he thought to himself.

They ordered pizza. When the pizza arrived, they all dived in like hungry vultures.

After replenishing themselves, they finally got down to business.

"Alright now listen up. So tomorrow we will be carrying out two tasks."

"Wait what do you mean two tasks? I thought we were here to take out Sayyed" Rupert said

"Sayyed isn't just going to show up in front of us. Ankara is just a lead and we are going to find him from here" Hurley said

"So what's the plan?" Mitch asked

Hurley clapped his hands and began "First thing is first, we need to cut of all the funds that go to the Islamic Jihad. So we need to finish off those who provide funds to Sayyed."

Richard asked "What about the Russian weapon? Won't Sayyed steal that right now?"

"The weapon is in Turkish Armed Forces. The security makes it impossible to get in there. Sayyed will retrieve the weapon but he cannot do it alone. He has people helping him. Powerful people. So right now we have to stop them. They are the key to finding Sayyed." Hurley answered

"So right now we are going after those who are funding Sayyed?" Mitch asked

"Yes something like that." Hurley handed Rapp a file and continued, "This is the file of Adem Uzuner. He helps terrorist move their money around so they can target and kill innocent civilians."

"So we are killing him tomorrow?" Mitch asked

"Not we, you will. If we take these people out one by one, it's going to take time and time is not a leisure right now" Hurley explained. He continued, "Rapp, Uzuner is your target while me, Grant and Richard will be driving to Istanbul tomorrow to take out this businessman named Bora Deniz. He is one of the few people funding Sayyed"

Hurley then gave his full attention to Mitch and explained "Now before you kill him Rapp, you need to first claim the files, computer hard disks, external hard drives and memory cards which is in Uzuner's safe."

"Okay" Mitch simply said

"Uzuner's house has high security. His house is usually on full lockdown and if anyone tries to break in, the alarm starts ringing." He then threw a small remote like device to Mitch and continued "This will unlock the doors and windows without setting off the alarms"

"How did you even get this?" Mitch asked curiously

"We have our sources" Hurley simply said

*********************

Hurley, Grant and Richard left the next day for Istanbul, while Mitch was familiarizing himself with the city and waiting for nightfall so that he can complete his assignment.

Ankara reminded him so much of Istanbul that it became painful to him. He was glad that Hurley assigned him for this task instead of another agent. Mitch didn't know how he would've dealt being in Istanbul. After all it was the place where he fell in love with Aayat. The memories he made in Istanbul with Aayat were beautiful until he found out who she really was.

After sunset, Mitch sat inside the BMW M7 and drove off to Uzuner's house.

It took him around an hour to reach there.

He parked a few meters away from Uzuner's house and went to his backyard. He took the remote Hurley gave him and pressed the button. The doors and windows were unlocked.

Mitch pulled his black mask down to cover his face and entered the basement. As he made his way to the top he heard voices. He slowly opened the door and made his way to the living room and hid behind a wall. There were two men and Uzuner.

Mitch's eyes widened when he heard a voice talking to Uzuner. He could recognize that voice anywhere.

It was Aayat.

"So we have a deal Mr. Uzuner" she said as she shook his hands.

Mitch appeared in front of them and shot the two men dead. Uzuner screamed like a little girl while Aayat just stared at him, shocked.

Judging by the look on her face, he assumed that Aayat had recognized him despite the mask.

Mitch quickly grabbed Uzuner by the back of his neck and slammed his head against the wall.

Aayat yelled "What the hell are you doing?!"

"Shut up!" Mitch yelled back

Aayat ran towards the front door but before she could open it, Mitch put the place on lockdown with the remote and said to her "You are not going anywhere".

Aayat tried opening the doors and windows but it was no use.

Mitch quickly handcuffed Uzuner's hands and gagged him before dragging towards his bedroom where the safe was.

Aayat tried to break the windows but the windows were bullet proof. She tried to find a way but heard a loud painful scream from upstairs. She made her way towards the bedroom and saw blood all over Uzuner and Mitch's blade pointing at his right eyeball.

"Last chance. Open the safe or I'm going to stab your eyeball and kill you in the most painful way you could imagine" Mitch yelled

Mitch's blade was within a centimeter of piercing the outer layer of the whimpering man's eyeball when Uzuner finally relented. He threw himself on the safe and began spinning the dial.

Aayat panicked. Mitch was going to get all the information. She knew that she couldn't stop Mitch but she had to try.

She held out her blade and tried to stab him but Mitch caught her arm and threw her blade away. He caught both her arms and twisted them, not enough to break her arms but enough to make her scream in pain and then threw her on the floor.

Once the safe was opened, Mitch found all the files, computer disks, hard drives and memory card as Hurley said. He then turned towards Uzuner, took out his gun. Uzuner looked at him with pleading eyes "Please don't do this" he begged

"You should've thought about that before helping terrorists" Mitch said and he shot Uzuner straight to the head.

Mitch then grabbed Aayat. She tried to scream but he covered her mouth. She bit his hands; he hissed out in pain but didn't let her go.

Mitch himself didn't know what he was doing. He was just doing what felt right at the moment. Its not like he planned any of this.

She kept kicking and punching but it was no use. Mitch didn't let Aayat go no matter what she did. He then dragged her towards a car. It wasn't the BMW which he drove; it was some random vehicle on the street. It was a Jeep Cherokee. He opened the trunk and pushed her inside.

The alarm of the SUV started ringing; Mitch went to the driver's seat and disabled the alarm.

Mitch started the engine and drove off, unsure of where he was even going with a screaming Aayat at the trunk of the SUV.