Chapter 25

"So I finally get to meet Mitch Rapp. Aayat has told me a lot about you." Sayyed said

Mitch huffed "You know I could kill you right here, right now don't you"

"Now now Rapp. Are you sure about that? You are outnumbered" Sayyed smirked

"I singlehandedly killed twenty of your men in Istanbul and just killed ten of them in this building" Mitch said with a smug.

"Hmm yes its true. You did kill twenty of my men in Istanbul. But what about Aayat? How did she escape from you?" Sayyed snorted

Mitch turned back and looked at her, she didn't meet his eyes. He replied to Sayyed, with his eyes fixed on Aayat "One stupid mistake changes everything doesn't it"

Aayat looked up and met his eyes; she realized that he wasn't talking about the mistake of letting her go, but the mistake of falling in love with her.

Sayyed noticed the way they were looking at each other and frowned. It was as if they both had some sort of a history.

Mitch looked back at Sayyed again "But I won't let others suffer because of this mistake."

Mitch charged at him

Sayyed stumbled back. The blow Mitch gave him was meant for his jaw whizzed by in a blur of knuckles. From the corner of his eye, Sayyed saw his opponent's other arm begin an upward trajectory. He ducked this time, and felt his hair ruffle with the force of it.

Mitch charged again. Sayyed sidestepped, whirled to face him. His opponent lunged. He avoided one flying fist, only to collide with another.

The blow glanced off his ribcage, a sharp sting fading fast. In front of him, Mitch grinned and jabbed again at his midsection.

Avoidance was simple, but it couldn't last forever. Sayyed went on the offensive. He lashed out, aiming for his opponent's gut. Mitch proved equally effective at defense, and Sayyed fist met a strong forearm. He tried again with both hands—one-two, and this time connected.

Sayyed felt like he just punched a flesh-covered steel.

It was Mitch's turn to stumble back.

Mitch moved fast. So fast that Sayyed nearly missed seeing it. Mitch punched him in the face and he hooked Sayyed's left leg with his own and threw him to the ground.

Mitch turned around and saw that Aayat was gone.

A group of men entered the room. There were at least fifteen of them. Some jumped from the vents. Some crashed the through the window and some from the door. They all had an AK47 which was aimed directly at Mitch.

He was outnumbered after all . He couldn't take out fifteen men with AK47. He held up his hands in surrender. One of the men came and body checked him and took away all his belongings. They cuffed his hands

Sayyed got up and smirked "Not so tough now are ya kid"

Mitch just glared him.

Sayyed ordered his men "Put him in the basement"

************

Mitch was in the basement, handcuffed to a metal chair. He tried to get out but he couldn't. If it had been ropes, it would've been a piece of cake for him but with handcuffs, not so much.

He looked around the room to see if something could help but other than a chair, the basement was completely empty.

He was there in the basement for at least an hour before someone opened the door.

Aayat entered the basement. She pulled out a chair and sat across from him.

They both felt a sense of déjà vu from the night at the power plant when Mitch pulled out a chair and sat across from Aayat in the control room.

"Are you here to check whether I escaped" he spat

"No" she replied

"Then what do you want?" he harshly asked

"I don't want anything from you Mitch" she calmly replied

And then for a while they both just looked at each other before Mitch asked "Why are you with him Aayat? Why are you doing all this?"

She was debating whether to tell him or not. She sighed and finally said "I don't really have a choice. After my father died, Sayyed found me and raised me. If it weren't for him, I would've been on the streets. He raised me and trained me."

"He turned you into a criminal Aayat, he turned you into a terrorist. Sayyed didn't do you any favor by taking you in and raising you. You would've probably done much better with your life if you were on the streets than you are doing now by being with him." Mitch explained

"You wouldn't understand. I shouldn't even be talking to you" she got up and prepared to leave

"You told me that your dad is watching you from above. How would he feel looking at the destruction and terror his daughter is causing? What would he think knowing that his daughter is a criminal?" Mitch tried reasoning with her.

"We all have our definition of good and bad. From your point of view, you are a good person and I am the bad guy. But from my point of view, it's the opposite." She said to him

"You do have a choice you know" Mitch said

Aayat turned around and stood behind him. She placed something in his hands.

It was the key to the handcuffs.

"I was never here", she whispered in his ears before turned to leave the basement.

"That night at the power plant, you lied to me didn't you? You lied about your feelings for me. What I saw in your eyes on our first date was true after all. Which is why you saved me from the White House explosion and now you're helping me escape" Mitch deducted.

Aayat stopped in her tracks but didn't turn back. Of course he figured it out. She wasn't exactly subtle about her feelings for him.

She didn't say anything and left the basement.

Mitch smirked. She confirmed his deduction .

She was in love in with him as well.