Chapter 9

Mitch and Aayat went to a Mexican place called Los Altos Mexican Restaurant. Rupert was also there sitting opposite to their table with the same ridiculous disguise. Aayat's back was facing him so she couldn't see him but Mitch could. Rupert waved at Mitch with a grin and Mitch just rolled his eyes at him and looked at the menu.

"So what do you want to eat?" he asked her, not looking up from the menu.

Aayat was confused what to order because she never had Mexican food. She didn't even know how to pronounce half of the words in the menu.

"I'll take the Chilaquiles. What about you?" Mitch asked as he looked up at her and by her facial expression, he got the hint that she has never tried Mexican food.

"You've never had Mexican food haven't you?" he asked her. She looked up at him and silently shook her head.

He pointed to a picture on the menu and said, "Here have this. You will like it"

She saw what he was referring to and said it out loud "Chicken Fajita Tacos with Guacamole" she pronounced guacamole as gua-cay-mole and Mitch couldn't help but chuckle at that.

"What" she asked, offended

"That's not how you pronounce it", he said, he then showed her the proper way to pronounce it "Its wah-cah-moe-lay"

She tried again "gua-cah-moe-lay"

"No no, its wah-cah-moe-lay" he said again

"wah-cah-moe-lay" she said

"Yes that's right, that's how you pronounce it" Mitch smiled

Aayat gave a grin, happy at her achievement. Soon the waiter came "Are you ready to order?"

Aayat excitedly said "Yes I'll have one Chicken Fajita Tacos with Guacamole" then she turned to Mitch and he said "I'll have the Chilaquiles", the waiter took their orders and left.

Aayat stared at him again and Mitch asked "Now what?"

She curiously said, "You know, you don't look like a journalist" suddenly they heard a choking cough behind them, it was Rupert who seemed to have choked on his water and looked at Mitch. Both of them were surprised by Aayat's statement.

"Why do you say that?" Mitch said

"Like your shaggy hair and your hands", she replied

"My hands?" he questioned, clearly confused now

She took his hands in hers and said, "Yeah, your hands are so rough and calloused. There are so many scars and cuts on your hand. It's like you have the hands of some kind of a street fighter." She said observing his hands.

Mitch felt nervous at her deductions now. He was trying to come up with something until she spoke again "Are you Batman in secret?" she asked playfully

Mitch sighed in relief and replied playfully as well "Ahh dammit, you found out my secret" she laughed and he asked "Since you know my secret now, do you want to be my Catwoman?" he asked again playfully.

She looked at him with her big eyes and said "Catwoman doesn't exactly work with Batman"

"Hmm true, but we can make our own Batman and Catwoman series" he said playfully.

The waiter arrived with their food, "One Chilaquiles for you sir and one Chicken Fajita Tacos with Guacamole for your mam".

Aayat changed the topic and asked Mitch, as she took a bite from her taco "But seriously though, why did you become a journalist?"

Mitch thought of a way to answer her question without raising any suspicion and complicating things. He then slowly replied, "Umm my heart said to become a journalist and well here I am".

"Really? That's the only reason" she asked

Mitch simply said "Yup" as he ate his meal

"Wow, I haven't met a lot of people who actually listen to their heart. I admire people like that. You're lucky you followed your heart" she said with a smile.

Mitch looked up at her and gave a small forced smile as he thought back to the last day of his 6 month training for the CIA

Flashback

The group of men including Mitch, who were successfully able to finish the training, were waiting for Director Thomas Stansfield who was going to address on a few things before they officially join the CIA.

He entered the room and immediately the men give him their undivided attention.

He gave them a half n hour lecture on a lot of things like missions, rules, protocols and other necessary things before he concluded his last topic.

"And last but definitely not the least, never ever think with your heart, because the heart is a fool. Always think with your brain and your instincts because only those will keep you alive in missions. If you ever listen and follow your heart, you will die! Understood?"

"Yup I definitely listened to my heart" Mitch sighed

They finished their dinner and walked out of the restaurant.

"So I should get going, I have classes tomorrow and also I have to help my friend with festival arrangements" Aayat said

"Oh okay then. I guess I'll see you later" Mitch said

When Aayat was out of his site, Rupert appeared from nowhere, startling Mitch.

"Batman and Catwoman huh" Rupert teased

"Shut up" Mitch said as he walked away

"Dude she's onto us, she indirectly called you an assassin" Rupert said worriedly

"No she's not. She can't possibly figure out that I'm working for the CIA with my calloused hands" Mitch shrugged

"Still, you need to be careful around her" Rupert said

"Yeah yeah whatever. Now go to the grocery store and get some snacks and other stuff, which we need. There is nothing in the kitchen" Mitch said

"Why should I go? Why can't you go?" Rupert exclaimed

"Because Dr. Watson does all the grocery shopping," Mitch said with a smug

"Oh so now you're on board with the whole Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson thing" Rupert said in disbelief

Mitch silently looked at him with the same smug before Rupert hissed, "Fine, I'll go! But next time you're going"

As soon as Mitch entered the apartment, somebody smashed a huge glass bottle on his head and attacked him. Mitch stumbled ahead and before the attacker could punch him, he ducked, punched him in the ribs and the attacker fell on the floor. Mitch couldn't see his face because he was wearing a mask. As he was about to take of his mask, another attacker came from behind and tried to chloroform Mitch. Mitch accidently inhaled some chloroform but elbowed the attacker in his abdomen from behind. He was starting to feel dizzy because of the chloroform. The first attacker who was on the floor now got up, pulled out a knife and ran straight at Mitch to stab him but Mitch kicked him in the chest. The attacker fell to the ground with a loud thud.

Mitch still couldn't see clearly, he was still feeling dizzy due to the chloroform but somehow managed to throw another punch at the first attacker until the second attacker came from behind and hit Mitch with a fire extinguisher cylinder. That caused Mitch to fall straight to the floor, blood oozing out from his head.

Both the attackers ran out of the apartment. Few seconds later, Mitch also got up and stumbled his way outside the building trying to find any trace of the attackers but couldn't find any. Feeling disappointed, Mitch went back to his apartment.

Hey guys ! I hope you all are enjoying this story! It makes me really happy to know that people are reading my story.

Please leave votes if you all are enjoying this and comments as well

Thank you :)