Chapter 35

Mitch was lying in his bed wide-awake. He reached Ankara 20 minutes ago, took a quick shower and was now under the comforters.

The house was pin drop silent. There wasn't any sound of crickets or cars even from outside.

After spending the day with Aayat, the silence seemed to be taunting him of how alone he is and how empty he felt without Aayat.

I guess this is what they mean when they say you'll find your other half, he thought to himself.

And without Aayat he felt as if a part of him was missing.

Mitch soon heard the sounds of multiple footsteps enter the house.

He wasn't alarmed because he knew it was the team.

Mitch got out of his bed and went downstairs.

"Rapp, good to see you" Hurley greeted

"Good to see you too" Mitch greeted back

"Hey man" Richard greeted

"Hey" Mitch greeted him

Rupert just gave him a forced smile and went upstairs.

They all went to their rooms to freshen up while Mitch watched TV downstairs.

Later, they all came down and Richard groaned "I'm starving."

"Me and Rapp are going to go get dinner" Rupert said quickly

Mitch frowned "We are?"

"Yes we are" Rupert glared at him and grabbed his coat as he got ready to leave.

Mitch was confused but didn't say anything as he left with Rupert.

They both got in the car and Mitch started driving "What happened?" he asked

"Dude, when we were in Istanbul, I went to Istanbul University to find Aayat thinking that I could reunite you both for a while because well I'm an awesome friend." Rupert smirked at the last part

Mitch rolled his eyes and Rupert continued "But I couldn't find her there man. In fact the administration department told me that they never had any student named Aayat Sadik and then I also went to the police department but Shaikh told me she quit months ago, around the time when we left Turkey." Rupert exclaimed

Mitch's eyes widened at his explanation. He didn't know how to justify that because he couldn't.

"I mean we have gone way past the suspicion phase. Aayat must be a spy that's why she was sticking to you like a glue so she could keep an eye on you and get all the information." Rupert explained his theory.

Mitch tried his hardest to look surprised and shocked "Oh man are you serious? Damn she is good. But look we didn't share any information with her and we kept our work on low profile."

"But still she can—" Rupert suddenly stopped and his eyes widened in realization "Oh my god, Mitch what if Aayat is working for the Islamic Jihad? The attack on you and then the tram wreck, I bet she was the one who caused those."

Mitch sharply looked at him "Rupert I think you are being delusional like come on since when did Jihad have women. I mean its possible that she may be some spy but come on not a terrorist."

"You are just saying that because you loved her. But its true." Rupert said

"You don't have any proof that she is with Sayyed." Mitch pointed out

They reached McDonalds drive through and picked up their dinner and were now on their way to the house.

"Look I don't want you explaining your theory to anyone Rupert." Mitch said

"Its not a theory!" Rupert exclaimed

"It is because there's no proof." Mitch said

Rupert knew that arguing with Mitch is not going to be of any use so he grudgingly agreed not to discuss it with anyone.

30 minutes later they all sat down on the couch, discussing their assignments after they had their dinner.

Hurley finished explaining the events in Istanbul "and that's how we killed the guy and got information from him."

Mitch simply said "Hmm interesting"

Rupert looked at Mitch "Your turn"

Mitch started explaining his assignment, from entering Uzuner's house with the remote to killing two of the men and to finally killing Uzuner and taking everything from the safe.

He gave Hurley all the items from Uzuner's safe.

"Good job Rapp" Hurley praised as he examined the items.

"What did you do today then?" Richard asked Mitch curiously

"Nothing much, I was checking out the hard disks." Mitch said.

He did check out the hard disk last night after he rented out the beach house and carried Aayat to bed and also this morning before Aayat woke up.

"Okay then we are going to look deep into all the information we have and discuss our next move." Hurley said as everyone attentively listened to him.