Chapter 19

Irene Kennedy didn't have to be a psychic to know that something was wrong with Mitch Rapp.

Well for one Mitch Rapp had gone days without giving a smart-ass response to Hurley or yelling at anyone.

In fact he wouldn't talk to anyone at all and if he would even talk to anyone, it would be in such a low soft voice.

At times she was really tempted to joke "Who are you and what have you done with Mitch Rapp?" but she knew this was something serious.

The biggest give away was that Rapp declined a mission and willingly went on desk job. If anyone knew Mitch Rapp, then they would know that he is anything but a man who would go on a desk job than a field operation.

She knew this sudden change in Mitch's attitude had something to do with his last mission, which is why she went to Agent Grant.

"Why is Rapp behaving like that?" she demanded answers from Rupert.

Rupert seemed startled by the sudden questioning of Kennedy regarding his former partner "W-What are you talking about?" He stammered

"Why is Rapp behaving like a sad little boy?" she clarified

Rupert knew that his behavior change had to do with leaving Aayat. But of course he wasn't aware of the whole truth and real reason behind his grief.

Rupert wanted to respect his friend's privacy "You think I know? You think he would tell me if something was wrong?" he asked rhetorically.

Kennedy eyed him up and down suspiciously and said, "Fine I'll leave for now. You better be telling the truth Grant"

"Cross my heart and I hope to die" he said sarcastically

Irene Kennedy was sure that whatever changed Mitch Rapp had something to do with Istanbul. Something which was not mentioned in the reports and she intended on finding out what the matter is.