Chapter 28

It had been three weeks since the explosion in Moscow. Mitch and the others were back in America.

They were currently having a meeting about their next move.

"So far we were unable to stop the Islamic Jihad. But innocent people are dying and now we really have to do something." Stansfield spoke as he paced around the room. He continued, "For starters, we need to locate their current location which is in Ankara"

He continued "Sayyed had plans to steal the Russian military weapon for which we sent Rapp and Grant went to Istanbul in the first place. Asad Shaikh may not be the one to share the information about the weapon with Sayyed but Sayyed knew that Rapp and Grant were in Istanbul regarding that issue hence the attack on them over there."

Everyone processed what Stansfield said before nodding their head. Hurley spoke up "Sayyed wanted Rapp and Grant off the case because he knew they were suspicious about his move on the Russian military weapon and right now we cannot take any chances. They blew up the Parliament of Russia so we have to look into any possibility. Which is why Rapp, Grant and Richards will immediately go to Ankara along with me."

Everyone agreed with the decision they made. The meeting was adjourned.

*************

Mitch went to his house to pack. He was going on a mission after at least one and a half month. He never felt more alive and energetic.

As he was packing, his mind drifted off to Aayat.

She went against Sayyed and saved him.

And this was saying something because Sayyed wasn't just her boss who she works for, he was like her father, he raised her and had been brainwashing her since she was a child.

Yet she went against him and saved Mitch from the explosion and helped him escape from the basement.

Now she may not have verbally admitted that she felt the same way about him as he did about her but she didn't deny it either.

Mitch involuntarily smiled. Aayat does love him after all.

But his smile dropped when reality hit him.

They were enemies. He was a CIA and she was a terrorist.

The world would never let them be together.

Even if it was somehow possible to talk her in to leaving Sayyed and joining him, the United States federal government would either torture her for information or simply kill her on first sight. They would never let her be with him.

And that made his heart ache.

His thoughts were interrupted by the buzz of his phone. It was a text from Rupert

"Are you ready?" Rupert texted

"Yeah, I'll be at the airport in 20 minutes." Mitch replied

He did his final packing and went out the front door. There was a car waiting for him to drop him off at the airport.

He sat in the car and the driver drove off.

During the car ride, Mitch thought about Rupert.

Ever since they came back from Istanbul, they never really got a chance to talk properly. He had to admit it; he did enjoy Rupert's company.

They became friends. Rupert was the first friend he had in a very long time. Even though Rupert was never really fond of Aayat, he did support them having a relationship because Rupert knew that she made him happy.

Mitch wondered how would Rupert react if he found out Aayat was with Sayyed and Mitch did not kill her despite having two chances.

Would he snitch to Kennedy and Hurley about his feelings for a terrorist? Would Rupert himself kill Aayat on first sight if he sees her in Ankara?

Mitch would most probably put a bullet in Rupert's head if the latter happened.

It doesn't even have to be Rupert.

If anyone killed Aayat or even hurt her regardless of whether he knew them or not, Mitch would immediately kill them without hesitation.

The car came to a halt. Mitch got out of the car, took his luggage and entered the airport. He was greeted by Hurley, Richard and Rupert.

"Alright lets go" Hurley announced as they checked in.