Blackwater

Rose rode the horse hard, rushing to King's Landing to fight. Tears brimming in her eyes as she could still hear Greywind's howls as the Northern camp disappeared, and with it the only hope for peace between the North and South.

Hungry and exhausted, Rose did not sleep for days until her horse could barely walk and she had to give her to an inn-keeper in exchange for another strong steed. Determined to make it in time. Inns to sleep at were forgotten and the only time she stopped to eat was when the horse grew hungry and she had to go to the bathroom. But her efforts were not in vain.

Rose arrived at King's Landing to see armored men heading to Mud Gate, scared and determined as they rushed through the empty streets into Rose's path. On horseback Rose rode passed them to the heart of Mud Gate where she saw Tyrion, practically jumping off her tired horse to run at Tyrion with her filthy, once periwinkle, gown swishing as she hugged the dwarf tightly. Careful not to injure him with her sword, knives and sheath of arrows clasped to her hip.

"Rose. You've arrived. I suppose it would be pointless to order you back into the castle so, watch your back." Tyrion pulled away and looked over the edge of the gate at the approaching boats, barely seen over the black of night and dark water.

"What is the plan?" Rose asked while moving to stand next to Tyrion. Joffery, Sandor and Lancel stood next to the siblings in horror at the oncoming ships and threat of battle.

"The plan is to win." Rose couldn't miss the smirk on Tyrion's face, even though the only light came from fires.

"There they are." Joffery pointed out, causing heads to turn towards the fleet of Baratheon ships. Sandor and Rose exchanging a look as Tyrion gave an order.

"Archers to your marks." Tyrion spoke grimly.

"Archers to your marks. Nock your arrows." A man echoed Tyrion's commands to his men.

"Hold fast." Tyrion ordered.

"Hold fast." The man yelled in response.

"What are you doing? We need to attack." Joffery yelled at his uncle, making Rose glare at him feircly.

"Hold fast." Tyrion restated firmly, staring his nephew down and making him back off.

"There is only one ship, where are the rest of them? Where are the rest of them!" Joffery started again, screaming as Rose furrowed her brows. Only one of the royal fleet, the smallest ship in fact, sailed out to meet the Stannis' mass of boats.

An old man approached the group of leaders and handed Tyrion a lit torch, Tyrion took the torch and threw it as far as he could. This signal caused a dark figure in the distance dip an arrow into a brazier of fire and shoot.

It seemed like years before the arrow hit the boat and exploded in a blaze of fire and death, the green fire spreading to Stannis's boats in mere seconds. Rose stiffened as the screams of agony from the men reached her ears, glancing at the Hound to ensure he was okay despite his fear of fire only to see his terrified pale face staring at the green fire before moving his eyes to the small woman in front of him. Joffery laughed as the screams continued, everyone's face was dim except for his. After some time, rowboats began making their way to the shore.

"Nock, draw, loose! Nock, loose." The man who echoed Tyrion's commands now spoke on his own accord, and men let their arrows fly. Rose lifted her bow and took aim, drawing the string taunt and resting her hand on her cheek, releasing an arrow and reaching for another arrow to shoot with deadly accuracy.

Rose kept firing until the quiver attached to her waist was empty and she heard Sandor threatening the marksmen leader, before walking down the steps to the gate. Turning Rose moved down to join Sandor on the frontlines, walking beside him with her sword at the ready.