On Her Way Home

Rose had felt the eyes on her since she rode into the city, scanning her every move as she and Tyrion followed Gregor Cleagane, or what once was Gregor, to Cersei.

Rose's heart beat rapidly as she recognizes Cersei's office and chambers where Jaime waits. Confidently striding behind the tall man, stopping in front of Jaime with a stare as the Mountain moved beside the door.

"You spoke with her." Tyrion asked, breaking the indefinite and uncomfortable silence that settled as Rose's honeyed-gold and brown eyes unraveled Jaime. Jaime turned from Rose to Tyrion, shaking his head as he responded softly.

"At her. Until she kicked me out. She thinks I was an idiot to trust you. A lot of people seem to think that, actually." Jaime joked, looking down timidly before looking at Rose sheepishly, smiling wide at Rose's minuscule smirk.

"We're about to step into a room with the most murderous woman in the world, who's already tried to kill me twice. That I know of. Who's an idiot?" Tyrion joked, cracking a smile that made Rose grin stupidly. Looking between the each other like children as they relaxed or tried to.

"I may be an idiot, but I'm not that dumb." Rose jested making Jaime and Tyrion giggle like toddlers, "I'll join you in a bit, I have something else I need to do first that involves a whole other level of idiocy."

"I suppose we should say goodbye, the idiot Lannisters." Jaime joked, but it was enough to dull the grin on everyone's face. Growing solemn as they looked at each other. Rose pulling the two into a tight hug, forgetting the betrayals and deaths they all caused.

For once just accepting one another with pride, because they were still there. They had survived everything thrown in their paths, and no matter how much they had changed they were together.

"You turned me from no one, "She paused, "into someone again."

Pulling away with a proud yet sad smile as she faced the two.

"Thank you for that."

They smiled at her before they opened the door, Rose however hesitated. Her pale hand stopped on the door, her brothers continued without noticing.

Rose glanced down as her mind wandered to the last time she was in this office, when her father condemned her to an unwanted marriage.

Her father. Her dead father that was murdered by her brother if the rumors would be believed. His body used to be in the Sept of Baelor, but the Sept was destroyed in a green blaze by Cersei.

Rose turned and started to walk away, breathing heavy as the walls seemed to close in.

Running out of the castle as the tears ran down her face. Faces grew blurry as she ran by, still watching.

////////////////

Rose walked through the rubble of what one was the Sept of Baelor, the dust dancing around her ankles as she observed the empty space.

Her hands ghosting over the bigger chunks of rocks that surrounded her, grabbing her dress so she could sit down on a relatively smooth piece of the building.

Rose's chocolate brown eyes sweeping over the graveyard of ruins, the place where so many died.

"Usually when you escort someone to a meeting, you stay for the meeting itself." Jaime spoke out, making Rose look up at the sound of his voice.

"I just wanted to see it." Rose softly replied.

"Ah yes," Jaime smiled at her, "the glorious rubble. Truly marvelous."

Rose rolled her eyes, "Of course."

Silence ensues their words as they quiet, Jaime moving to sit beside her. His eyes watching her closely as she leaned her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes as his brows creased in confusion.