The Reward and Demand

"I, Joffery of the house Baratheon first of my name rightful King of the Andals and the first men lord of the Seven Kingdoms and protector of the realm, do hereby proclaim my grandfather Tywin Lannister the savior of the city and the hand of the king." Joffery proclaimed as he placed the badge on a pillow to be handed to his grandfather. Tywin's majestic horse stood proudly as he accepted the medal and cantered out of the Red Keep while flashing his favorite daughter, Rose, a smile.

"Thank you, your Grace." Tywin told Joffery before he left, leaving Joffery to continue his proclamations and rewards.

"Lord Petyr Baelish step forward. For your good service and ingenuity in uniting the houses of Lannister and Tyrell, I declare that you should be granted the castle of Harrenhall with all of its attendant lands and incomes to be held by your sons and grandsons form this day until the end of time." Joffery continued speaking as Petyr stepped in front of the throne eagerly, much to Rose's amusement.

"You honor me beyond words, your Grace. I shall have to acquire some sons and grandsons." Petyr joked before returning to stand amongst those in court, pleased at his subtle jest and Varys' eye roll.

"Maybe you can give him sons and grandchildren, after all I admired Cat so very much and you look just like her." Rose whispered into Sansa's ear, imitating Littlefinger's accent halfway through with a laugh. Earning a slight push from the red head from where they stood, off to the side of the court, before returning their attention to Joffery.

"Ser Loras Tyrell, your house has come to our aid. The whole realm is in your debt, none more so than I. If your family would ask anything of me, ask it and it shall be yours." Joffery told the Knight of Flowers, Rose noticing the faux smile on his face.

"Your Grace. My sister Margaery, her husband was taken from us before, she remains innocent. I would ask you to find it in your heart, to do us this great honor in joining our houses." Ser Loras's request caused murmurs to grow in the assembled crowd, before being silenced by Joffery's raised hand.

"Is this what you want, Lady Margaery?" Joffery's eyes swept over her form as she stepped to stand next to her kneeling brother, a smile on her face.

"With all my heart, your Grace. I have come to love you from afar, tales of your courage and wisdom have never been far from my ears and those tales have taken root deep inside of me."

"That's a first. I didn't think anyone could love him." Rose told Sansa quietly while earning more quiet giggles from the sad Stark, quieting as Rose noticed Varys raising an eyebrow at her shenanigans.

"I too have heard tales of your beauty and grace, but tales do not do you justice, my Lady. It would be an honor to return your love, but I am promised to another. A King must keep his word." Joffery blabbered on about duty and promises making Rose roll her eyes before Cersei addressed her arsehole of a son.

"Your Grace, in the judgement of your Small Council it would be neither proper nor wise for you to wed the daughter of a man beheaded for treason. A girl whose brother is in open rebellion against the Throne as we speak. For the good of the realm, your councilors beg you, to set Sansa Stark aside." Cersei begged her son, sending a look at her beloved little sister and the despised Stark that had their arms intertwined.

"I would like to heed your wishes and the wishes of my people, but I took a holy vow." Joffery insisted much to Cersei's displeasure.

"Your Grace, the gods do indeed hold betrothal solemn but your father, blessed be his memory, made this pact before the Starks revealed their falseness. I have consulted with the High Septon and he assures me that their crimes against the realm free you from any promise you have made them in the sight of the gods." Maester Pycelle interrupted Joffery to inform him about the just gods or something, Rose was too busy snoring at the boring man to listen. Earning more giggles from the ginger beside her.