Leaving

"We can't defend the north from the Walkers and the south from the Boltons. If we want to survive, we need Winterfell, and to take Winterfell, we need more men."

Robb explained to everyone. Their small band composed of Jon, Robb, Sansa, Brienne, Dolorous Edd, Davos, Tormund, Melisandre, and Rose are gathered round a table. Robb gestured to the map laid out in front of them, the intricate tokens of houses laid on it's surface.

"Aside from the Starks and the Boltons, the most powerful houses in the North are the Umbers, the Karstarks, and the Manderlys." Davos spoke as he stood and moved various tokens to Winterfell. "The Umbers and the Karstarks have already declared for the Boltons, so we're not doing so well there."

"The Umbers gave Rickon to our enemies. They can hang. But the Karstarks declared for Ramsay without knowing they had another choice." Sansa spoke with hatred in her voice, though Rose's eyes immediately shot to Robb who winced.

"I killed their father, Sansa. I don't believe that we'll be able to rely on them for their support." Robb's words made Sansa blush in embarrassment before turning to Davos with an accusatory stare.

"How well do you know the North, Ser Davos?" The harshness in her voice made all of those present look at the said man, who merely offered a kind and gentle smile.

"Precious little, my lady."

"My father always said Northerners are different. More loyal, more suspicious of outsiders."

"They may well be loyal, but how many rose up against the Boltons when they betrayed your family?" Rose commented, earning a cruel stare from Sansa that made her raise her hands in surrender, prompting Davos spoke up.

"I may not know the North, but I know men. They're more or less the same in any corner of the world and even the bravest of them don't want to see their wives and children skinned for a lost cause. If Jon's going to convince them to fight alongside him, they need to believe it's a fight they can win."

"There are more than three other houses in the North; Glover, Mormont, Cerwyn, Mazin, Hornwood. Two dozen more. Together they equal all the others. We can start small and build." Jon pointed to the tokens while he spoke, earning nods from everyone.

"The North remembers. They remember the Stark name. People will still risk everything for it, from White Harbor to Ramsay's own door." Sansa spoke proudly, though Davos tilted his head with a pitying stare at her innocence.

"I don't doubt it. But Jon doesn't have the Stark name. And if Lord Robb won't lead again, we'll have to convince them to follow him."

"No, but I do." Jon and Robb stared at Sansa, but she continued unhindered. "Jon is every bit as much Ned Stark's son as Ramsay is Roose Bolton's. And there are also the Tullys. They're not Northern, but they will back us against the Boltons without question."

"I didn't know the Tullys still had an army." Rose asked, tilting her head in confusion. Her fingers drawing on the hard wooden table, while she turned her eyes from planning an attack to Sansa.

"My uncle the Blackfish has reformed it and retaken Riverrun." Sansa's pride once more shone through her bright blue Tully eyes, though when Rose met her eyes she shyed away as if hiding something.

"How do you know that?" Jon asked her, a bewildered expression on his otherwise brooding face.

"Ramsay received a raven before I escaped Winterfell." Rose noticed Brienne, who sat beside her, furrow her brows at that. As if she knew that was wrong.

"That's good. The Blackfish is a legend. His support would mean a great deal. Stark, Tully, a few more houses, almost starts to look like a winning side." Davos said, making Sansa smile.