Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Looks can be deceiving

I woke up in a sudden unwanted nightmare of terror. It feels like real but it doesn't but the way it works in my head, there's no getting way out of it but I'm way too lucky that those nightmares were just a product of the cruel world visualize in my head.

My eyes were struck into the grey ceiling with only one bulb that somehow can make the room lighten from its darkness. There are no windows but the door and its metallic wall. I sit uptight to see the other things might be useful around but there's nothing can be found but a bowl for my bowel movements and the bed where I found myself lying down.

I didn't know how I did end up here. Waking up in such a strange room without even knowing what happened before I got here, or is it something of the sedatives they've got for me that I ended up missing some episodes in my head. No memories I can collect within those time but just after taking a shower. When they give me fresh clothes and all necessities that they think good and they directed me to the shower, for more like five to ten minutes I was there, scrubbing such dirt on my back, feet and all those parts that haven't been clean since the last few days because of the systematical irrigation of the water in the Waste Land. But it is so good to get clean and refresh to alongside to whether this all phase is gonna be dramatic and dangerous.

While trying to remember things happened after that moment. I still couldn't pick up some episodes to complete that timeline but still waking up in this small four-cornered room is such a nice trick to start this test and I don't know when does it gonna take long but maybe this is just their trials and I think they were trying to cope us up with every little thing that we ended up being alone and so one individual could have an option to forfeit his once in a lifetime chance of having a perfect life.

I didn't ask my Mother on what happens between each trial but she warned me that killing another individual isn't prohibited because it is what the tests are for, survival until you got yourself at the end of the phase and you would still think that an individual could be the same person he is when he finished the test? I don't think so because the cruelty of the world can change immediately one's mind in terms of survival.

I stood up from the bed and the first thing I saw was the trays of food lying on the floor in front of the door. I came to it and look at the foods that clearly betraying me because they were so good and the smell attacked my stomach but my Mother says, looks can be deceiving and by means of that, it is good and great to see because of its pleasing and attention-grabbing physical features but behind what it takes is not the same in front of what we have seen.

I may not be perfect, or it is just some of my speculations because we're on a test and I couldn't risk taking it without knowing what they gave me.

There are three plates served, the plate from the right pleases with gelatin in colored of red and by the chunks inside of it were could probably be a strawberry one and in the Waste Land, eating such foods coming from fruits and some of the vegetables are banned from our place. Once they found out we were eating a banned fruits, for elder people or the people who have failed the tests before has a death sentenced in punishment and for young people going to turn the legal age will be forbidden to join the Rebirth and also includes death sentence and for the past few years, nothing bad happened in regards to that.

The second one is a fried chicken, normally this isn't banned but it costs us too much just to get one but I do most love parts of the chicken is the wings. I couldn't tell but I do love it and the chicken part served in front of me is legs which the least I like. Then the third is ice cream with a cake, we have known these kinds of dessert by the billboard we've seen and just that, Null People hard to find to eat something like that because there's such nothing those kinds of desserts available to find in the Waste Land.