Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Trust

I managed to roam around three fourth of the city, where some people who have seen me tried to follow and run but obviously they can't cause I'm on full speed and won't let them have it just like that. Finders keepers, it is one of the rules but also it can be mandated by anyone, but as I have seen around there were some who got to start up a vehicle but mostly those people are teaming up and I think they're tactic is great but it cannot be the same as the day passes by. It will change, they should know it.

The nights coming with the grey sky slowly turning into the dark where in just a few minutes, the whole place was covered by such darkness and the only thing that keeps the place with lights are with some flickering light post that almost running out of electricity. I haven't seen much of a people around, I don't know where to look or what to do but just to get through the night, I needed a roof to get some sleep.

When I'm bound to see a street where I found townhouses but this place is like a ghost town, seems like no one was here ever before. I jump out of the motorbike and stop the engine to keep it quiet along the road 'cause the engine echoes throughout the place. When I look at the façade of the houses, those were actually nice, could be a home for about nine months or less because we might not know when the first trimester will end. There were people sneaking on windows from inside and when I get to see them hiding behind those curtains, they immediately hide and stay quiet. I pick the one house without the second story because of this really convenient for one person.

I parked my motorbike at the garage and search for some rope to strap it on some steel to hold it out. I don't trust people around here and they had the capabilities of steal the things they don't even own—well, technically, I'm not the owner of this motorbike but this place is abandoned and all the things are free, you just have to know how to use it.

When I think that the rope is tightened enough of not getting to disrupt easily, I get to invite myself entering the house, as I walked down the door, the dust and webs are all over swinging around and I swept it off my hands. I reach for some switch but the lights won't work and I get to find a flashlight on my backpack, and luckily, it has some batteries and when I open it and lit up the corners of the house, it is spacious enough with a couch on the living room and a wooden center table. I headed to the kitchen where I found some inventories and stocks. Would the High Council purposely put some things around to be used—or maybe, there were a lot of hidden things that it has gone through deep critical thinking. Oh, I'm thrilled by the thought of it.

I put down my backpack and set all the boxes and canned goods I found. I did check the label of the goods but I found none of them. I tried to open a canned good of beans, I take a small spoon to taste it before getting into it. As it lingers around my taste buds, I think the foods are good and can be eaten without restrictions or risk of getting poisoned.

I finished one can, I didn't get to have one more because it is good to set it aside for the coming days. I get my thermos and drink up some water, in just one drink it goes empty and when I try to find some water on the sink, luckily after turn the tap, the water flows abruptly and the funniest thing about it, the water is clean. I filled my thermos with water put it back on my backpack.

The next thing I did is too checked the bedroom and as a surprise, there's a foam lying on the floor. There's no bed but just foam and pillows and I think that's enough to get on sleep. I lay myself down and feel body so exhausted, I took a deep breath and just as that, my eyes fall into sleep and can't help myself to have some rest.

I woke in a sudden outrage of sound coming from outside, I stayed in bed for a minute and just keep it observed on what's happening there but the next thing I figured out what's going on. I immediately stood up from the foam and run towards the door and I got frozen when I see them stealing my motorbike.