Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Tracker

The sudden zap from my tracker woke me up, I immediately rise up from the bed and look around to know where am I. I saw Cha, then Brighid, Barry with A and J. While I keep looking around, the person I have been wanting to see wasn't here. I jumped out of bed but they hastily come in my way and blocked to where I am going.

"You need rest, Dylan," Cha said, concerned by her tone. She's pushing me back to bed and so I didn't resist cause my head was still in the thought of, I've seen my brother here. "That's good, you passed out on the hallway earlier. Glad we've seen you—Brig sees you."

"Where's my brother?" were the first words comes out in my mouth.

They all look into each other from what I have asked. I saw the wonder and confusion on their faces, and maybe they wouldn't understand it because they haven't seen my brother.

"What are you talking about, Dylan?" Brighid asked, she probably wanted to laugh at some point but she doesn't want to be rude and stay serious for the moment. "Why are you looking for your brother?"

"Cause he's here." And when my rigid tone, they all looked at me with uncertainty. "I've seen him before my sight blackout. He even called me."

Barry walks towards me, patted my shoulder. He let out a deep breath before he speaks, "I don't want to disappoint you but your brother isn't here. Maybe you're just hallucinating, Dylan. You experienced too much trigger impulses on your tracker and I wouldn't doubt that before you passed out, you experience some kind of hallucination which you see the person you wanted to see."

"I'm not hallucinating," I said, denying all their accusations. "In what way I would hallucinate my brother? I feel him. Heard his voice. It feels like real!"

"That's one of the things the tracker do to our system," Barry confessed, everyone shifts their attention to him as he just bombarded us with another big information, anyone wasn't aware of. "First thing first I need to assess. Why do we have to pull out the tracker on our system? Simply, so they wouldn't know our location, or where we are specific cause it is a threat for us if they found us."

"What about him," J pointed to me. "You never pull out his tracker, he still has it. And how does it never differ that we are safe when he still has his tracker? Don't you think about that?"

"He still has his tracker because someone has been talking to us right there," Barry said as he points his finger on me. "We couldn't just let it go or we're gonna be blind after all."

"Or will be dead in the end." A mocked.

"That won't happen," Barry said, the assurance in his tone was present. That is his way of leading the group, the death of everyone will be the death of him. "I hope everyone should know that Dylan has his tracker because he's one of the bigger parts of the movement, if we don't have him, we couldn't move forward. Don't you guy think that at the very beginning, we're looking forward to meeting him already and he's here, he can make a good instrument to the group."

"Just get to your point, Barry." J said, "what does more the tracker do?"

He took a deep breath, "well... it infiltrates our system. Somehow, the High Council has the authority and power on it. They can manipulate everyone who wears it. Not just because it holds our location, it also has the arms of our safety."

"But what I've been experiencing isn't normal, it happens all the time!" I exclaimed out of frustrations. I couldn't just bear what he's talking about. It is like what's happening to me were okay and what's happening to them is not. That was so unfair.