Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Touchscreen

After learning some truths about my Brother's hidden agenda, some are clear but some still blur in questions. I couldn't still believe that my brother was still could pull this kind of strategy to take down the High Council. Though there's a lot of risks and consequences in return. Some sacrifices their lives, some lost their hopes and dreams and some just wanted to survive.

And I couldn't forget how my brother spoke how Barry's gone—dead, on the moment he arrived at us—to save me. I don't know how many people died in the building. Conrad even told me they abducted some participants but he doesn't know what they did to them after. He just knows something awful will happen.

"What the fuck?" I muttered when I saw a High Council staff sneak a confidential material into his touchscreen technology and walks off as nothing had happened. Good thing, he just looked at the camera and flashes his face. You're caught, dude. Whatever you did, you'll be busted.

And how did I know that?

Conrad handed me over a touchscreen technology which can be my companion in this four-walled contemplation of loneliness. By just being here for few hours, I was really bored and started to think what's happening out there but with the technology itself helps me to know what's happening outside with through this thin technology.

"When are you gonna get back, brother?" I mumbled as I bite my nail while watching the screen of the technology. I couldn't get my eyes off of it. All day I was just lying down on the bed and whenever my brother brings food or anything, that's when I get to rise up and do some things and after, lay back again on the bed.

Getting back to what I've seen earlier. There has been a lot of things that are happening inside the grounds of the High Council —mostly on the technical support team which confides and records all the information of the participant regarding this year of the rebirth process. And I can see why High Council remain intact into its dark agendas. Because they had people and those people are powerful to be against.

And that's why some group who wanted to defect against them didn't succeed because they couldn't make it into its first defenses, that ended up everybody's dead. Just like what happened these days. It is like a massacre where they killed everyone, every living person who wanted to survive the process. They are just so cruel that they don't mind if that person were hoping for a better future. If they are into you, then you're dead.

When there's nothing much to see in the screen, I felt my bladder to explode and so I rise up from the bed and headed to the corner of the room. The funny thing here is the room was just occupied by the bed and the shattered mirror on the wall and there's much nothing on it. So many spaces around and I could run around all over the place but when Conrad introduce me how some furniture works, they are intact on the walls. And that's a big mind blown to me when I notice how things work. Conrad taps his feet on the lower part and the next thing happened was a small vent opened and the toilet bowl comes out fresh and clean. My eyes widen as it happened, moving out of the vent and I didn't expect that a place like this has also hidden built structures.

There are still things I didn't know about this room but of course, the world outside of this room was big for me. If I don't know much of this room modified by my brother's intelligence and technology, and the world out there was like a question mark that even when I asked what's happening out there, I wouldn't understand. They are coated by many default systems of lies while it is hard to scrape off with a spoon of truths.

After releasing a lot of water on my bladder, I move it back inside the vent and I was still amazed how the mechanism of this technology works. I jumped back into bed and pick up the touchscreen and held my eyes back on it.