Chapter 12

Chapter 12

we're doomed

Al and I shared the last food we have, we didn't get that much before the flood comes after. We only get what we can and what we need but I think as far we come by into any other places, the food is always gonna be the problem.

The glass house seems okay, we feel safer for a moment but we couldn't help ourselves to be vigilant. We really don't know much about this place and if we keep lurking around, there might be a danger that's heading to us. We should take the risks but it always goes somehow into places. We should know what to do, it is simply because people always don't take chances.

"Dylan, we need to do something, I can't help myself staying in one place."

I nodded to him, "as am I, I really don't feel comfortable in this place... it is like, everyone's watching."

"Who knows, right?" he said, "it would never be called glass jungle if no one is looking at it."

"We should take the lead first thing in the morning," I said, "and its better to do that when the sun hasn't shown up yet."

"That's a good one..." he said, nodding and he gets his technology which he did something I really don't know, he looks up to me and saw my faces confused. "Oh, about this, I'm trying to cipher this place and if I could do it, we can lead the way..."

"Can you work it out as soon as possible?"

He nodded, "it may take a few hours but I can... you know I can." He smirked, "what could be threats outside, huh? That's what I'm curious about... this place is a ghost town but it doesn't, really. Something is off into this place."

"I feel that too." I said, "you know what, I should take a rest now and you, do your thing..."

He chuckles, "I'm on it, Dy."

I place the sheets on the floor and have my backpack as my pillow. When I close my eyes, I couldn't stop thinking of anything, what might happen next or the day after tomorrow. Its always a risk and this survival hasn't gone a good way because as of what we're experiencing right now, they're trying to eliminate every participant by natural causes which comes from the acid rain and flood. But if you get to bound to meet few people whose motives are to slay everyone... you wish to escape from it.

For some time, Al woke me up in a sudden.

I didn't know how many hours I took on sleep but that it feels like it was just seconds from closing my eyes earlier. I bound to go near to Al and ask him what's the hurry of him waking me up, in the middle of the night—and I think, he didn't get sleep and still working on his technology.

"C'mon, get here." He said and I come to his direction, "I've done it." And put the screen on my face, seeing the map of the glass jungle. "But there's one thing I couldn't do without any sufficient tools." He said.

My forehead creased, "what is it? I thought you already had those?"

He shook his head, "not on this one, I had replaced the burned chip but this one couldn't track the others, they may be blocked us from inferring into their signal or it is just... we're alone in this place."

I turned my attention to his technology and there is no indication of any people around, the technology couldn't even recognize our trackers. If Al had the chip, we can be safer in that way but I think it is still possible to roam around the place when we already had the map.

"That would help us right?" I asked.

He nodded, "of course, it will, it just that we can't see if we are alone but surely, my technology will help us.... four hours wouldn't be such in a waste."