Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Mistake

The group of people who made through the first test sends in line to proceed into the next simulation process. Al told me that whoever didn't make through to those tests, they will send back to the Waste Land and have their lives put back in despair forever. That is the cruelty of our reality, where we can't oppose to do something but just follow their orders for we can have our own lives have a good sentence in Noble Land.

I stopped walking when I got bumped into the person in front of me. He just looked into me and shook his head. I apologize but he didn't seem to acknowledge it and draw his attention back on the front. I got separated to Al and Cha. Well, obviously, Cha falls in line to the girls where Al has been in the firsts few right up ahead where I lost myself in the line.

"What do you think would happen next?" I asked, seemingly trying to start a conversation to the person in front of me.

He smirked, "are you talking to me?"

"Yes, I'm sure of that," I said but he didn't make any response. "Maybe the High Council were starting to eliminate us by treating us with some good treatments."

I thought I wouldn't get his attention but he stopped and look back, giving me some glares. "What are you talking about? Are you out of your mind?"

"Now, I got your attention." I smirked, but he continued giving me those suspected looks. "but honestly, what I'm telling could be their motives."

"Your head must be messed there at the test, I figured." He said. I chuckle on him, maybe that was all coming on jokes but you can't tell, maybe they would be meant it to happen. "Don't talk to me, dude."

"Why? Was that against the rule?" I asked.

He scoffs, and what I didn't expect to happen. His hand landed on my face that caught me off guard, I fall on the floor trying to assess myself again but he got closer to me, took the collar of my shirt. He took punches on both sides of my face, I couldn't even get him off of me. My hands were restricted to move him out. I felt every pain when his hands hit every side of my face.

Eventually, the armed guards attended the fight. They couldn't get to us directly when the situation where circled by everyone too. One guard pulled the man off of me, I immediately chase my breath after they cleared him out on me. I felt a liquid dripping on my nose and when I touch, it is blood. My lips also bleed out. The guard took out his taser to electric shock his system and in sudden, he falls on the ground wriggling and passed out after.

"Get back on your lines!" the guard shouted to the participants and instantly they followed the command, head bow down and directly headed to their next room process.

The guard helped me to stand up, "you'll get your aid when it's your turn on the line, understand?"

I nodded, just keeping it cool. Everyone was taking glances on me, and how did I manage to be okay despite that trouble. I didn't expect that he would take it seriously, or maybe he was the one he couldn't cope up with the reality that High Council can do everything as long as they hold the rebirth initiation. They have power.

Two guards took the man on his hands and feet, lifted it from the ground and deliver it heading to another hallway. I just look at it, I don't know where they will place him. But good thing happens, I stayed on my line because they know I'm the victim here. The camera on the ceiling corner can prove that scenarios.