Chapter 38

Chapter 38

My father

I woke up early from the schedule. I can't just go back on the bed, close my eyes and force myself to sleep. There are so many things were happening around and all are aware of it but they aren't making any action to it. But they just let it happen, assuring everybody that all are safe and nothing to be scared of. And that's what I'm afraid of, they try to wash-out people's mind by thinking that they are safe and secured when in reality they have been surrounded by many dangerous things, that in no time can kill them.

To get off my morning mood, I roam around the building. Try my best to be a help for anyone who needs it. There are still many things needed to fix because of what happened yesterday. The cracked ceilings, the shattered glass, and rocks all over the place. In Waste Land, we don't care where we live, just the matter of who we are living with does.

A thought just came in my head last night, out of frustrations and so on. I wanted to get out of this place. I wanted to see the world out there. The way things should happen. The event just occurred are telling us that even if we're not running for survival and having a safe haven under the roof, we're still in the danger in the field of the process. It is scared how we are blind inside.

I saw Manny and Dilly carrying the rectangular table, I didn't hesitate and come at them for help. They thanked me as soon as their carrying table goes into lightweight with my help. We directed it to the room and placed it over there.

"Thanks again, Dylan," Manny said, shaking my hands.

I nodded, "no problem, helping anyone doesn't cost me."

"Sorry for what we have done to you Dylan," Dilly said.

I chuckle, "oh, that's okay. I think you're just doing your part on the movement."

"Well, I don't believe it," she said. "I still think you have some dilemma in your chest. We deceived you. Making you believe we are alone, and I'm sick. Sorry about that."

"It's the past, Dilly. We're over with it okay?" I smirked, "I know where you're heading. The movement has a big part on the purpose of your process and I do understand that, but you guys should know that some people also wanted a fair fight."

"We didn't know you exist before Dylan," Manny said. My forehead creased, "but as soon as we heard, from a lot of participants on the field that there's another participant who has a family that was part of the High Council."

I laughed at what he said, "I didn't even know if that's true. I'll never know what he's part of there. He never reaches back to us again and so another, I'm not sure I'm the only one who has a family on the Noble Land."

"You aren't," Dilly remarks. "You're not the only one but you are the closest one the movement need to have." She stopped for a minute cause for a minute, she notices that I'm trying to process all the information their sharing on me. It's never new to me but what they are imposing are unbelievable. "Brighid was already eyeing on you though she wasn't sure about you at all—maybe that's why she after of killing you but when the movement officiates and the order has been delivered to her, she's now after you but by not killing you but by wanting you to join the movement."

"Do you think this movement will ever go somewhere?" I asked out of nowhere.

Manny nodded to me, "I believe it is. We have a lot of strong people, intelligent minds here and to what I'm seeing the movement will win against the High Council."