Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Nightmare

I have told by my parents to find my brother so we could have our dinner together. By this moment, I already have the idea of where to find him. Where most of the times he was there, just to play around and ease with the life of what we have. I left the house, my Mother was preparing the dish while my Father was bed-ridden, as his terminally ill on his condition. As I have seen the family pushed forward even if the situation is not good, I am still lucky that I grow up with them.

I walked down the hollow, watery road causes by so much rain, gladly it is stopped because it could result in such great flood which we would evacuate hardly enough where there is no much good place to stay. There is no good place to stay anywhere in the Waste Land, you just have to accept that it is your home, will always be and remind yourself that it doesn't matter that you live beyond the possibilities of everything, make yourself feel that it isn't wrong when you know in yourself, you are living right with your family.

At a young age, many people who I have seen teaches me to be brave and conquer my weakness, just like what my parents say, I should not stop believing that I can do one thing when I reached it, but to go further to seek what's more I can do.

When I reached the place where my brother always has been, I searched for him within those people who have around. There are many Null people who were smiling, feeling like there's nothing wrong to their environment and making it their very home. Not for long, when I get to sight my brother whose playing a game called soccer—which were made from a bunch of newspaper formed into a ball.

I shouted, calling his attention but his focus was on the game.

"Brother!" and for the second time, he stopped playing his game and look on the direction where the voice coming from. When he sees me, he bid goodbye to his playmate and to come to my attention. He messes my hair, I jerked his hands away from me and glared at him for doing that. But he just laughed. "The dinner's almost ready, brother."

He nodded, "okay, but before we headed home, we should go to the landfill."

"For what? What are we gonna do there? They are waiting for us."

He sighed and kneel down to compliment with my height, "we won't take long, I'm gonna sure you of that."

"Whatever, I just came to get you."

He smirked and stood up, "c'mon, there's a lot of things we can do on the landfill." He said and by just thinking of it, maybe a lot of things will gonna be interesting when I get to see it.

When we are heading towards the landfill. It seems like my brother has been known by everyone. Every people we bound to see, they greet each other or some who give high fives on him. My brother showered with kindness and that's what I admire him. He is most likely to have a vision for everyone, even if those people really don't have the aspirations.

"Is this the landfill?" I mumbled, confused and trying to understand.

"What do you expect, buddy?" he smirked, "those Licit People put their trash down to our places, for them it is waste but for us, it is something we can use." He said, "just like what I see," he said and pointed the direction where I could describe as just trash.

He picked up a cleared plastic bottle. I scratched my head, still didn't get him.

"What's with an empty bottle, brother?" I asked, trying to get his point. He laughed, comes toward me and handed over the empty bottle. "What am I supposed to do this?"