Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Message

There are only two things in this world could define you. First, if you passed the process you could live a better life and if you failed to do so, just live and accept your miserable life. For anyone who didn't pass, it wasn't fair as they are trying to give their best but for some reasons, they couldn't move forward just because of the rules they couldn't abide. It is a fact of sad reality we had that for every living person, one must have a better life if the person would offer its life into a survival test in which they can determine if the other word suits for you. And that's how cracked up the world we live.

It is very different from far years now and every year, we are afraid of what comes next.

An alarm rang as it implies opening the cell from where I stand now. A few moments later, from the shadow, I saw the three incoming people towards my cell. I properly seated on my bed and look at them entering the premises. Dilly and Manny were on her back and the dreadlocked girl came in front of them.

"How's your stay, Dylan?" she asked.

I smirked, "this isn't human," I said shaking my head, "and I still don't want to join your goddamn movement."

"That's when you are wrong, Dylan." Manny said, "you are recruited to be part of the movement and there's nothing you can do about it."

"He's right," the dreaded girl nodded, agreeing on her. "Before I have asked you to join our movement. I let you have your own decision that time because I know, we know that everyone can have their own freedom but as the process of rebirth occurs, I cannot let go away the chances of you being on the movement. I know this is not your choice but from now on, you're gonna be part of us... just like what Manny said, whether you like it or not."

"And so, what if I did, what are you gonna do to me, huh?"

"You're gonna be oriented on what purpose you're gonna hold, but today we're taking you to a room where we can remove the tracker on your neck."

I immediately shook my head, "no, no, don't do that."

"The tracker is an abomination, Dylan." Dilly said, "it should never be part of us, never was and in that way, we can be freely moved into one place or another without being monitored directly on the High Council."

"How sure are you?" I asked.

"We just know, Dy." The dreaded girl said, "Let's the chats now and head to the operation room."

Manny forcefully grabbed my arms and followed by Dilly on the other side. Dreaded girl makes her way out of the cell and then we followed her as we head to the operation they were talking about.

As we track down the hallway leading to the room where they supposed to bring me, all I can see the other people who were looking at me while we're moving towards that place. They were gossiping around and all can't tempt to look at me with disgrace and humiliation. I don't know what's going on their head but all I can think of was getting out of this place and never meet them once again.

When we reach the operation room the dreaded girl says, we entered the metal door and as when I get to see what's inside of the room, I gasped when I found a dental engine chair in the middle of the spacious room, hit by the only light of the four-cornered walls. The corners were dark and I'm not mistaken that there are people who are hiding behind the darkness... and they are just there, watching the scene.

Manny pushed me forward into the chair in the middle. I don't have any choices but to follow them. When I got into the chair. The dreaded girl ordered Manny and Dilly to strap me on the chair. Dilly strapped my hands on the armrest and also my head on the headrest while Manny strapped both of my feet—just as they're making sure I wouldn't escape the premises. It is hard as fuck when they were all around and all they ever wanted is you.