Chapter 27

Chapter 27

See you soon

This is his day, and normally we couldn't do anything as he going to be a part of it. Just before everyone wakes up on their bed, I headed my way out of the house to clear out my mind. The thought he would leave us right now dragged me into despair that I couldn't see again the person who I trust so much in this world. But then the reality of the cruel world happens. He has to go... he has to leave.

Walking down the cold, windy sunrise atmosphere. It feels like a natural weather condition for me but for anyone who will take down the path of being a part of the process were different. Some people would wish that their tests would be postponed or somehow failed to commence it this year, or they just don't want it to happen.

At this very young age, I'm still learning and growing into this world. I should've kept my head held high to what's coming.

When I reach the landfill, and the days I'm with my brother are over. From the past months, he has been teaching me a lot of things, on what should I do and what should I never do. There has been a lot of memories to keep in here and those I cannot wash away. I stopped when I notice something on the graveyard of electronics.

I pick the small chip with a blinking blue and red light. Somehow I thought it was something, just plain trash but suddenly the light goes in a rapid blink as it is making it more vicious and dangerous. I didn't hesitate to throw it upward as for the few seconds it sets off of my hand, it exploded. I fall on the ground as the impact caught me, it also creates smoke in the air. I cough many times as the smoke was roaming around and goes free to inhale and exhale it.

When the air was now clear, I stood up from the ground and wave my arms to keep the smoke away from me. I search for the tore pieces of the chip and it's burned and the smell isn't good, so I throw it back away.

It is funny how interesting it might be when you find something so good that you thought it will create something great but sometimes, those things won't make good and deceive you to death.

The clock's ticking and the sun started rising as the grey sky comes to light up in blue. The sun rays were going off around and I think it is a good sign for everyone that the process will take off today.

I walked to the other side of the landfill and found a somewhat decent leather red couch. When I reach it, I touch the fabric and the leather were far more being brittle and it is still good and just like that, I found myself sitting on it. I put my of my arms on the armrest, reclined my position and crossed my legs as it is watching the world developed into its cruelty again.

As I didn't mind, I got to have a nap.

"Dylan?" a familiar voice woke me up.

I open up my eyes and see my friend walking towards my direction. I seated properly as she comes and her reaction was trying to guess what I'm doing alone in the landfill. "Why are you here, best?"

Best, short for a best friend—well, for a fact that we couldn't give a name to everyone else until they reach the process and was given a name but when we're still in the Waste Land, we couldn't have a name. So we just made up something we could remember each other.

She smiles and tied her hair into a ponytail. "I should ask you that, what are you doing here? Did you slept here?" she asked.

I smirked, "no, I just had to be here."