Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Defectors

I'm still in the fuss, filling all the deep-holed questions with the answer I'm not sure of. I'm still trying to understand all the things had happened to me now. My intention was just to be a participant of the rebirth process and to achieve a better life but not joining a movement wherein wrecking our future is part of the terms.

I touch and felt the tracker on my neck, I still couldn't believe how in the world someone used me to talk with it. And at the thought of it, at the very start of my journey on the process, my tracker started to trigger and maybe in that way, the person whose manipulating my tracker was trying to talk to me. I just didn't know. I wasn't aware of things like this could exist.

I watched Barry left the operation room. After his order not to take out the tracker on my neck, Dilly and Manny started to act like I'm really one of them. They take me to the shower area, they even handed over fresh towels, clothes to wear. I'm still confused about how they treated me or maybe I'm gonna be a pawn once they furnished the plan.

The cold water coming from the shower running through my hair and skin refreshed me. I haven't felt clean for a long time. I scrubbed my skin. From the back of my neck, underarm, legs and feet. And when the waterfalls to wash my body, it all removed the dirt. The brownish with a mix of blood stains flows right into the drainer.

I closed the shower, pick up the white fresh towel and wipe my wet body. After that, I wrapped it around my waist and searched my way to the locker room area to wear the clothes they have given me. A plain gray v-neck shirt, cargo pants and also clean underwear. When I finished grooming myself, I took a deep breath looking myself into the shattered mirror.

"How do we end up like this?" I asked myself, but of course, no one answered. I don't have the answer.

The next thing happened, I heard footsteps coming into my direction and as I expected, Dilly and Manny come into my sight. I still couldn't forget how they deceive me and try to lure into their movement.

They just basically show people are manipulative and how I make myself fool just because someone needed help. Remember always that people who look horrible doesn't always in need of help, cause in some ways, they are looking a way to put you in despair and that's the power they had. And no one should earn that kind of power.

"The dinner is about to start, are you ready to meet everybody?" Manny said.

I nodded, "sure..."

Dilly placed her hands on my shoulder, "don't be scared Dylan, they won't bite unless you make trouble." She smirked, "but oh well, I'm starving. We need to get to the dining hall, everyone's waiting to meet you."

"You will be happy once you meet someone there." Manny teased.

Manny and Dilly escorted me out of the locker room and we head to the dining hall where the dinner would happen. I'm still trying to cope up with their environment. It is new to me, it is something I wouldn't live with.

When we reach the dining hall, the noise greeted me. All of them are having fun taking their dinner. There's a three long stained-steel table and every side are the participant who chooses to be against the High Council. They didn't mind my presence. Some are looking at our direction, some are just glances and some gives gossips to the next person they were seated with.

Manny patted my shoulder, "this way, Dylan."

I followed them as we lead the catering who holds the food. We joined in a line, picking up a tray. As we handed our tray and put a plate of food on it, I am amazed by the fact they were giving us some food we cannot have. Those are illegal and high prices and I can't believe I'm gonna get to taste it!