Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Plans

When someone caught me off guard, I thought that will be the end of me, but it turns out more surprising up to the point I couldn't believe what I'm seeing. When I call out his name and holding both of his shoulders make me feel so surreal at the moment.

"H-How are you here?! And alive?!" I asked him, curiosity drives me.

He patted me, "we'll talk about that, Dylan but we gotta do what we supposed to do here." He said. "Do you know what you were looking for?"

I think for a minute and shook my head, "not really, my brother just told me to find some things from the High Council. Their motives and such that could raise their destruction and the movement could strike them anytime."

Al nodded, "yes, the movement, Conrad told me about it. But at this moment, we gotta find some strong evidence that will kill the High Council from the inside and we should do it faster, the guards and staffs would be back as soon as they find out that the alarm was just to take away their attention."

"Okay, I get it. You gotta take the right sides, I'll do left... and you'll gonna do some explaining later after we're done here, Al."

"Absolutely. I did miss you."

I smirked, "Well, so am I."

We started to check every corner of the office, there are so many desks and there aren't so much on the plate right now. We couldn't find anything. As the clock ticks faster, we didn't waste seconds and minutes to find something we could use against them. Even if it the smallest thing, it will create such an impact that could withdraw some High Councils plan to mutilate the hopes of every Null People.

At the end of searching, Al and I meet again and tell our findings.

"Truly, I didn't find anything," I informed him.

He nodded, "well, I did find something but not that so big." He notified and grab the thing he found on his pocket. When he showed it to me, it was just a piece of paper having a note written on it. Rebirths cleansing.

And that's all it said.

"What does that mean?" I asked him.

Al shook his head, "I don't have any idea but maybe your brother does know something about this. I hold onto this but before we leave, there is one more thing we need to check out."

I raise my brow, "and where it is?"

"Here." Al pointed the glass door beside us, I didn't even notice it. I thought it was just a plain glass wall but when he uses his technology to manipulate the system on opening the door, I couldn't be more surprised that Al could do such things like that. And my head was still bothered how he disappeared for days and weeks.

The glass door opened smoothly. We didn't lose any seconds to see what's inside. Al immediately checked if there's hidden technology around and I did search some things on his desk. I don't know what specifically what I'm looking for but whatever it has connections to the Rebirth could be good and worth it after all.

I notice the nameplate on the wooden desk says, Chadwick Luttoin. President of High Council.

At first, I didn't expect to be here. That I'm gonna step foot into the cruel leader's office. But that didn't bother me, my intention of finding some things that could be against them was my first priority and maybe, putting him down would be next.

Checking on the documents filed on his outbox, I checked every one it. Some documents are just approval for the new policy, establishments and project inside the Noble Land. And at the last folder on the pile of documents were screaming Rebirth's Third Trimester Plans Revisions. I immediately called Al and told him what I just found. He was about to capture a photo for every paper of it but when we heard the alarm goes off, the rummaging footsteps of the guards are heading back to their positions.