Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Now or never

I woke up with a slight headache and a hazy vision upon opening my eyes and couldn't distinguish the surroundings, but the smells like rotten flesh and my stomach couldn't handle it. When I'm about to puke, the two people who took me here walk closer to me and laugh against on my condition. I couldn't even wipe my mouth cause my hands were tied up behind the back of the chair. They stopped in front of me, lowered themselves to get an equal observation on me.

I still couldn't believe how they made me like a fool for trusting them, believing all his lies. The girl whom I thought was sick shows me her real condition. She wasn't sick—it is just her acting to make me believe that they really needed help but they aren't.

"So, Dylan, are you ready for the talk?" he asked.

I didn't respond to him.

"He's not gonna talk, Manny," Dilly said.

He smirked, "if you ain't gonna talk, what do you want us to do, Dylan?"

"Do nothing," I suggested.

He stood up, and washed up his face with his hands, "that's not what we wanted to hear, kid... or else you wanted to meet our boss."

"What boss?! What are you talking about?" I asked in curiosity, what the hell is he talking about?

Dilly lead her way to my position and grab the collar of my shirt, I squeak as I couldn't breathe freely. Her hands were going tight and she's restricting me from breathing. I acted like it nothing and wasn't suffocating me just to see how she managed to make me give up but it isn't how supposed to happen.

"Just speak, you idiot! You don't wanna mess with our boss." She said gritting her teeth, she must have been controlling herself not to kill me but her intention to do it plastered on her face. Manny caught her hands and stopped her from killing me. She grunted stepping aside. "If he wasn't just that important, I could kill him right now."

"Calm down, Dilly." Manny said to her, "you know we can't do that... they send us here to do this task, remember? They know, they can trust us and make a good cause for them... so why don't we follow them, okay? And set aside our anger and let this one finished."

She took a deep breath, "fine, just make him speak."

He nodded, convincing her he'll do it. "Okay, okay... don't do anything stupid again, Dilly. You don't wanna be out ruled in this process."

She rolled her eyes, "whatever, let's just get over with this, okay?"

I watched Dilly took the monoblock chair and lead her way to the corner and sit on it, still giving her a full view on my direction. When Manny also grab a chair and sit right in front of me, I couldn't help myself but laugh knowing that these two people are deceivers and I fall for it. Too dumb, Dy.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked with a furrowed brows.

"You know, I just can't help to think that your names were also you're made up names to fool me. How did you even get the Manny and Dilly in the first place? Those names are stupid—" but after speaking out those words, he punches me in the face that I ended up hitting my body on the ground. I felt the pain on my left cheek and it's getting numb. I saw Dilly on the corner sneaking out some smirks and she's loving the scene.