Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Arena

We only learn from something we do when we come to apply it for ourselves. I wouldn't understand the mindset of every person of this group if I wouldn't let myself put in their position. Just because I joined the movement, doesn't mean I'm into their ways of constructing of developing a wrong tactic against the High Council. I just wanna know how this would work and how it would end up.

I'm still in the process of finishing this Rebirth in a legal way.

I got back to my senses when someone knocks on my door. I woke up too early and I just didn't rise up from the bed. I don't remember the day when I slept on a mattress. Though the bed we had in Waste Land were to think and not comfortable enough to lay.

I got out of bed and headed to the metal door and open it for the person outside, and the dreaded girl comes in sight.

"Did I wake you up?" she asked as if she was concerned.

I shook my head, "no, I was already awake. What do you need?"

"We need you in the arena," she said, "but take your breakfast first, and after that, we'll take you to the arena."

I just nodded to her. And after that I watched her walk away. Not that long I decided to come out of my room and headed to the dining hall. While walking towards it, some people were looking at me, some may giving some little chitchats to their friend. And I just ignored them. I don't wanna cause trouble here. I don't wanna be the reason that they could start a fight.

When I reach the dining hall, I fall in line just like the others. Pick up my tray and as the line moves, the people who serve the food were placing plates on our tray. When I look at our food. It's good to see that we are able to eat like this in the field. As I remember, there were limited supplies across the field and few of them are lucky to receive it.

I search for a table where I could eat and found Cha waving at me, just like last night. I headed towards her direction and immediately she told me one thing, "from now on, this table is where you belong. You don't have to find your seat, just go straight here. You have your spot here."

I nodded to her and took the seat, "thanks... I'm just still finding my way here."

She patted my shoulder, "you will be okay here Dy, just like what I said, you will be comfortable with us..."

"That's a process..."

She just shrugged off, "hmm... whatever it is, you'll know that this place was also meant for you."

I didn't respond into her instead I started to knock off my meal. While eating my meal, I couldn't help myself but look around. Another question got into my head again. How did they know about this movement? Are they recruited even before the process started or they have been manipulated to get in during the process?

I come to see not far from my table the person I saw last night, across of my room. He was just sneaking out some glances on our direction. I notice him as the time I came into the dining hall. I just didn't bother to look at him but now, he's making me think and guess what he's up to. I pick up my tray and stood up from the chair. Cha hastily holds my hand, stopped me to leave our desired place.

"Where are you going, Dy?" she asked.

"Just gonna talk to someone." And I shove her hands off of me and turn my back on her. I walk on the table where he is now. As when he notices, I'm coming for him. He stood up but I called him out that's why, some people near me looked at me and curious if they are the one I'm calling out, hey. "Can we talk?" I asked him.