Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Crate

As we walk down the narrow path, I couldn't bear to think that we should've waited there and moved forward until those punk were gone. They're not gonna lasts there and all of us here have to keep moving just to survive. Staying in one area, won't make you alive. It is like you're afraid of anything that will kill you, but everything around us can kill us. Hunger and anything that people are capable of doing horrible things.

"Still coping up, Dy?" Al asked.

"Yes... but why do we need to take an alternate route instead of we wait?"

"Well... I don't fight." He said, "that's my weakness into this process but the only that makes me strong is this." he stopped walking and pointed his finger on his head, "this what makes me alive, and if I don't use it, I won't survive. I don't fight physically but my brain is my weapon."

I actually agreed to what he said. "But if an instance, fighting physically is necessary what would you do?"

He shrugged off, and continue his walking. "That will be a matter if it happens, but for now, I should keep using my brain and work this all thing for me." he said and he lifts his finger once again, "but remember, just because I befriended you doesn't mean I need you to fight for me. No.... dude, seriously. This is a process and we all need people to trust too."

I just nodded to him and think what might happen over the course of the months if we stayed together, as a team. That could maybe a good reliance after all. The smart one and the strong one, and by giving such names on ourselves can bring confident beyond what we are. In this place, we don't need the things that would make us down, we need to uplift ourselves just to survive and make it to the end.

"Dylan!" Al called me. "C'mon, we're almost there!"

As he said that, we run to the place he's referring to and that was the store he found himself creating the technology he had now. He said it could be more something than just a tracker. If he could find some chips that will support the operating parts, he could send signals from here to the outside and he also can disrupt our tracker from the main source of it.

When we saw the tech store, there are some people around the vicinity and they were just like hanging around or trying to find something useful. Al and I waited, obviously, before we could head inside the store. Al thinks of something that will make them away—just like he told me, what we usually do when we see angry stray dogs—we scared them. Al grab a rock and find his timing to throw it and when he got the chance, he throws it over the car and it goes straight, and break its windows.

As we watched it happened, they were hurriedly run away as they thought someone is coming at them and tear them apart. And when it's okay, Al and I took the chance and hastily run towards the tech store while there still no one around.

"I'll look for it Dy and we'll get to see later again."

I nodded, "later, yeah."

Al immediately searches the part for his technology and I just get to wander around because truly, I don't know what to do here. There's a lot of technology around, the circuits boards and any stuff that connected to it. The funny thing I have found on the corner is the vending machine, there's a lot of junk foods displayed into it and I couldn't bear just to watch them and let my mouth dry up. If I could have my ax, I could just break the glass but I forgot to bring and so I get to find something that could break the thin glass.

Suddenly, while I was searching for some metals, I heard Al voice and other things collapsed. I hurriedly come to see him and to find that he's on the floor lying and some tech parts are on him. I help him to stand and he just laughed by it.