Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Bike

We reach our stay-home house when the night strikes down. I parked my bike inside the house because we don't know how many of them would try to steal it and couldn't bear to lose the only thing that can help me to go on an easy transport. Al and I shared the junk foods we found earlier at the tech store. There were hesitations that these foods might be toxic and we could be ended up poisoned but as I watched Al eating the whole pack, there's nothing happened and it's like heaven to eat something we never had before. We only get to see it on the billboards but we never get to eat it. For Licit People, junk foods are one of their unhealthy snacks yet in the Waste Land, it is something we wished for.

"Good thing you found this junks, Dy."

"Well, yeah, I've got nothing to look into that place and bound to see those things. So why not grab it, right? No one would stop me."

"Fair enough," he said, "but can I ask you something, if you don't mind?"

I give him a nod, "yes, sure, what is all about?"

"What would you do if you reach the end?" he asked.

It processed in my head for like few minutes just to understand what he's talking about, I shrugged off my shoulder, really don't have the learnings to what should I do after this initiation. "Can't tell really, not just because I don't wanna share it. It is because I really don't know..."

He nodded, forehead creased, "and what's all these risks you've been taking if you don't know what's coming for you at the end?"

"What's the importance of it, really? Does what actually we do, really defines us?"

He smirks, and I couldn't just stop making these things out of my head because none of these things would eventually be good when you reach the Noble Land. It only gets worse and worse. "Okay, calm down yourself, I didn't even step your pride though." He chuckles, "what I'm just telling, is what you will be when you became a Licit? That's it."

"I still don't have any, Al. I don't really care if reach the end. What's the matter the most that I live and so my family."

"Then there it is." he said, "your family... but do you have any family there at the Noble Land."

I shook my head, "no one." I said, "but I left my Mom at the Waste Land and I would do everything, so she could live the same way we'll live."

"What are you trying to imply with that?" he asked, "do you planning to stop the process?"

"I didn't say that... but if I had the chance, why not? It is so unfair for all of us to go through this. We suffer, we breakdown and we grow apart. And the only thing they managed to do is to live on a normal basis day which some of them doesn't really deserve being called Licit."

"But the actually did it." Al said, "many people who survive the rebirth comes in different and on how they see the world. You may not like how they play but this is the cruelty of this process. You should know how to fight and survive and be well worthy among the Licit People."

"What else we could've done? We're just some people who go through rebirth and their life worthwhile of watching us."

He sighed, "you know man, we can't change how this world rules among us but we can be the change among all the differences we had."

I really don't know but on what he said, it gives me some ideas that this process doesn't have to be this way. We don't need to waste the nine months of our lives proving that we can be among them, but we could start something that they will see us something more than a worthless being.