Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Lucky charm

I have thought what could have been the purpose of the movement all along. If they were planning this since then, why they didn't stop in the first place of establishing the process? Why does it take them almost a century to stop the High Council? They had reasons and I couldn't just believe why now all of a sudden.

Cha tries to help me to familiarize the building. And I don't its necessary for me be familiar around, I don't find myself staying in this place any longer. However, they are pursuing me to join their movement. I just couldn't waste the opportunity of having a better life after this process. I don't know what to think but seeing all these people who take risks for their lives, they wanted change and somehow, the change they wanted wouldn't start if they didn't make a move. That's why the movement becomes their weapon against the High Council.

I'm just not sure how will be movement occur in this process.

"Where are we heading now, Cha?" I asked her.

"Here," she said as we turn left at the end of the hallway. When we turn our way, there's nothing special on it but just like every other normal hallway. I look at her, raising my brow and I know, she knows my head was gonna explode with curiosity. She laughed a little when she saw my reaction, "there's nothing much of here, just dead end." She said.

I look at the hallway and found nothing but the darkness.

"Did anyone tried to go there?" I asked her.

She shrugged off her shoulder, "I don't know... maybe, but I heard they never came back."

My forehead creased as she tells what's with the dead-end hallway.

"But anyway, you wouldn't dare to come into a dead end, right?" she said, I nodded and smirked on her. "And now, we'll be heading to your room to stay."

"Would that be necessary?" I asked her.

She nodded, "you're one of us now, Dylan. And being part of the movement comes with a great price..."

"And what is that?"

"Life for a better future."

"Isn't what we do was for a better future?" I asked her.

She smirked, "I know where you're getting into, Dy. But trust me, the way the movement act was different from the others... just look how, what you will become someday if you stay on the movement."

"Cha... I don't know."

She patted my shoulder, "we still got a long way, Dy. You still have many days to think about your decision but now you're here, I hope it helps you to stay."

I didn't respond to her after that and we continue walking towards she's saying my room to stay. I couldn't be against what Cha believes into the purpose of the movement because after all, she's in this place because of her sister. She fights for the justice of her sister. And I would do the same thing she does but not like this way.

Too risky and life defiant.

As we come across the hallway, we bound to passed a facility where a transparent glass mirror shows few young people train with combat tactics. I stopped for a moment and watched how they show their fighting skills and strategy. There was also some trainer who guides and teach young people to use their strength and ability to fight.