Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Name

The armed men transferred us into another facility where we bound to see a long steel table glowing with different kind of foods served in it. Fruits, vegetables, and desserts but none of us fall onto their baits because of what we have seen earlier that what we see isn't something that could save us but kill us and terminate in the process eventually. I couldn't still help to believe that my friend lost her chance to go through Rebirth because of having food poisoned. I couldn't blame her for getting into temptation and eating because that what's a human being, we aren't strong enough to hold our grudge in case of something we hold on to, we still stand on our decision.

Most likely, there are still hundreds of people got through to the start-up room, there were just twenty or more people failed to it but all these people got through the temptation are fighting for their lives. It is what this process for, the survival of life to be reborn in a new city with a new life.

A High Council member stands in front of us and stopped the commotion rising up because of the food served in the tables. We got only stopped to speak out when those armed men lay up their weapons, ready to shoot on individuals who are opposed to the High Council's word but with that threat, we come in silent and listen to them.

"Y'all have come here with a purpose, to be reborn with such greatness and responsibility. As I have seen the determination of all who go through the primitive tests, I officially welcomed you to the 87th Rebirth. The nine months of taking in place in different place, tests and trial will deliver you to become stronger, intelligent and brave. As you will begin your first trimester, the High Council gives you a special sumptuous meal and as for everyone's attention, the food served was free-poison and enjoy your meal. Have a rightful path and may your lives change forever." She left and escorted by the armed men and as we were left and got lost by the view we see and the grumble of our stomach as the smell lingers all over the room, we immediately got into our seats and enjoy our festive.

I didn't mind who are the people whom I get to sit but just to enjoy the food served in front of us. I didn't mind everything that had happened before but to look forward to what I could've done to survive this process. I got some little conversation with some people, didn't asks their names because before all this happened, we don't have names. We're nameless people.

Becoming nameless is what we've come as Null People, not worthy or have no validity because they look at us as people who aren't capable of doing things, making great things but the only thing we could do that is to go through process and when we passed, we got to be named as well, that's why it is called an identification process where they determined your skills, personality, and attitude.

Dylan is what the name they gave me and I don't think it is bad but it suits me very well. So sad that I couldn't get to know my friend's name but nine months isn't a long time and we could get to see each other again and I will do everything in my power to get her, also what my vision for my Mother.

"Look at that girl." The I don't know his name pointed a black dreaded hair girl whose seating two steel tables from us were being isolates by herself. He smirks as we get to see who was him referring to. "They were afraid to talk to her because I heard she's hiding something."

"What is it?" the person seated beside me asked.

I looked back at the guy and he just shrugged, "don't know but she's into something."

"Maybe she was just gripping into surviving, no?"

They looked at me with curiosity on their faces, they didn't answer but shrugged off their shoulders.