Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Be safe

As I find my way to the arena, my head was still lingering around to what Brig said to me. I never knew she would speak something about herself. And she made me realize one thing. That whatever you are doing right now, it will always lead back to one purpose you are pursuing. From the start of my process, the only thing I marked in my mind is that to bring my family together and make my parent's dreams come true. And I'm making sure to myself that that would never be impossible if I could still hold whatever changes in my hand.

As soon as I reach the arena, the army wasn't present at the time and I think it is because I'm way too early of my schedule but that's okay than not being here. From the corner of the arena, there are still some people who choose to stay and overnight in this room. Maybe they were still afraid of what happened yesterday and chose to be with someone who makes them feel okay.

Not that long when I heard loud footsteps coming. They come in two lines, walked and attitude like a soldier. When they stop in front of me, simultaneously they salute on me. I fix my posture and did the same to them.

"Good morning everyone," I greeted and smiled, but no one even smiles back. They are all wearing their serious faces. "As Brighid told you guys that I'm going to teach you some of my knowledge, but do please understand that I'm not professional. I just learned all of this to my brother and I'm honored to share this with you guys."

A boy the left side raised his hands, I called his attention. "What else can you give to us—except for those "knowledge"?" he said as he quoted the word knowledge by his hands. Some laugh out of it. I stay still, trying to understand where they are coming from and what they are imposing.

"What can I give more to you?" I said and paused to act like I'm thinking something beneficial for them. And when a light bulb popped in my head, I got back to them. "Ah, I know what. Respect."

And all of them stop laughing and grinning. Some look away and even bowed down to hide their faces. I just couldn't let those attitude to mess up their purpose. When I walk and passed all of them, they were in silence and answering yes when I asked them.

"So do you want to learn or not? Cause I can see you don't need me anymore. You're good without me, right?" No one answered. "But what if my knowledge are the things would help you? Why would Barry wanted me to be part of the movement and risk it just to have me here? Does anyone has the answer to that?"

When I pointed the girl on the front, she was shocked at first but show her sturdy posture. "Sir, yes, sir!" she said, saluting.

"What percent do you think the movement will win against the High Council? Your honesty will be very appreciated."

She gulped before speaking, I can sense how nervous she is. "65% sir."

"What about the remaining 35%?"

"I'm not sure, I'm just trying to look how far we can achieve and accomplished."

"Hmm," I hummed., nodding. "I see where you're heading. You may think that the movement would not be that very strong to destroy the High Council cause I may also think that all of this was a joke. Being against the High Council was like embracing danger and risk. It is like 1% of our hopes and dreams are on it but it will never gonna happen." And as I walked back into the front, looking at their faces makes me realize one thing. "But you know what, despite the cruelty, we may experience there are still brave people who wanted to fight what they deserve. And you people are one of them, the ones who wanted to be in front of the line... the one who wanted to sacrifice anything... the one who just wanted to end the war." I slowly clapped my hand unto, "I'm not against Barry for building this army. I've seen the courage, bravery, and optimism in the eyes of every one of you and that's the most important thing. I salute you all, and I hope we may all see at the end... and be consider the army who washed out the cruelty of the Rebirth system."

As to my so-called speech, I have learned that these people were eager to learn, to listen to what's coming for them. And I'm also proud that they were listening to what I'm saying, cause it's like I'm giving a part of me to them. To where I'm seeing them earlier, to what attitude they are imposing now, I have seen little changes. And I think that's good for these young people—and I understand their sentiments cause we're all in the same age here except for Barry of course.

"Are we ready for the first lesson?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" they all said in chorus.

"So the first thing is, think out of the box," and when I delivered it, everyone's faces were like what the fuck did he just say, and what would it gonna do? And I just chuckle at the thought of it. "I've seen your faces... and to what I just say means something."

"Sir, how do we really use that kind of lesson to the field?"

I smirked, "in many ways, that's what I'm saying. Let me start with it," I said and everyone put their attention on me. "My brother taught me one thing when he was still in the Waste Land. Think out of the box. He made me realize that in a very simple way, you could create something more than the usual. Think of it not very complicated but in a manner where it can be reasonable. Don't look at it as it is but in a different way. If you know what I mean, you're getting my point but if not... and then I'm gonna show it to you."

I asked for the belt of the boy and they were all at it. They were guessing what I'm about to do with it. And when I explained that this belt could also be a combat weapon not just a strap on your waist. Somehow, they started to learn what the purpose of it out of what it supposed to be. And now they're getting what think out of the box means. I also give some few examples of plastic straw where it can be modified for a sharp-shooting gun using a stick. It doesn't do that much but it is effective. When we're getting into more of it. They also come to start to think the unusual ways.

As we get further to the lecture, I notice Barry come inside the arena and from the corner he stood and watched us gone like in an interactive class. I never know that what brother told me would be mean something to me.

Whatever my brother is now, I know he's doing good.

While in the middle of my lecture, I felt my tracker triggering. Barry notices that too. But I shook my head to him not to worry about it and so I continue what I'm doing and focus it on the army.

But going further, the tracker didn't stop until it hurts me.

The army panic as they found me kneeling on the ground. Barry runs towards us and he immediately calls for some help. But I said that I don't need anything. That I'm gonna be okay and the triggering of my tracker would pass some time.

"It did not what it says, Dylan," Barry said as he decoding the light of my tracker. "Why does it warning us?" he asked.

And then I remember one time it talked to me.

I looked above to him, "be safe..." I mumbled.

"Oh fuck." Barry hissed and call the attention of everyone, even his army. "Call every one of our people to evacuate! Go!" He ordered and the army started to move out.

But the tracker zaps one more time and it's a long one.

"They're coming," I uttered and the next thing happened where a loud noise crushing down the building. "We're doomed, Barry... they found us."

But my system couldn't move and watched everyone panic. I fall on the ground, I call Barry's help but he just runs away. This is the movement I've joined. And when we're left with no choice, everyone has left to die.